cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD Visa Debit

jacobsonaaron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Mods,

Where are we on allowing payments from TD Visa Debit holders?

I've been in Canada for the last 4 years on a Work Visa and will probably be here at the very least 10 years. I cannot get a credit card unless I'm a permanent resident. This means I can only use a debit card linked to my Canadian checking account....and my TD Visa Debit does not work to pay.

Sure I can pay with my American credit cards, but then I pay a foreign transaction fee.

Sure I can buy vouchers, but then I don't get the $2 benefit from signing up with Auto Pay.

Grrrrrr... I use my TD Visa Debit as a Visa nearly everywhere, but it doesn't work to sign-up with Public Mobile???! What gives?

Thanks,

Aaron

8 REPLIES 8

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Its unfortunate that you are unable to sign up due to bugs on the PM activation portal.

The only thing remaining to do if you are still interested in signing up is to send a private message to the mods.  Provide the serial number of the sim card, your email address and name and the payment info.  They can activate for you and then send you a link to setup the selfserve access.  I wish you didn't have to put this much effort into activating a new line.

jacobsonaaron

@WearySky, Good thinking!

jacobsonaaron

Hi @imm1304!

I have had issues with the site in general with Chrome, but even Edge and Firefox with all defaults set. I was eventually able to make it through to the payment processor in both Edge and Firefox but it will not accept my card. Information matches exactly as on statements and I'm an IT "guru", so unfortunately this isnt a problem between the user and keyboard.

No transactions from my bank and plenty of a balance to cover anything. Just gotta throw my hands up and shrug.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just a note, if you can't get the debit visa working: you can add your American credit card for the autopay discount, and then top up the full amount with vouchers and still get the autopay discount.  They don't care where the payment comes from, as long as you have a credit card on file for autopayment you'll get the discount.

Of course, you have to remember to top up before your autopay comes out, but that shouldn't be too hard to do 🙂

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The other options is to buy vouchers at retailers that accept visa debt.  And if you are savvy, you can often purchase retailer giftcards at a discount, and then use that to purchase PM vouchers.

imm1304

Since its so new, I don't know how refunds work with Walmart.  My guess is that if the package is opened, they may not refund.  Lets ask @CS_Agent to provide an official comment on this.  

imm1304

Hey @jacobsonaaron!

The Debit VISA payment method works perfectly fine.  I have used it in the past enrolled in autopay.  

If its not working for you, then it may be for other reasons.  Make sure the name and address are exactly the same as on your bank statement.  

Its worth using Chrome browser's incognito mode.  Also, try clearing cache and using other browsers such as Safari or Internet Explorer.  

EDIT:  Please check your bank account for recent transactions.  If you have encountered a bug during activation, you may already have paid for service but activation is not complete.  If this has happened, you will need to send a private message to the mods @CS_Agent and provide the sim card number and the phone number, email address etc to get help setting up the account properly.  

jacobsonaaron

Oh ohh....

Also, if I cannot sign up because of this TD Visa Debit SNAFU, can I return my SIM to Walmart for a refund?

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.