cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System won't take any credit card number

platinum50
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help, I'm trying to add a credit card to the system but it won't take any of my cards.

Have tried four cards, double checked (with precision) the exact address, down to the spaces of the exact text on my credit card statements to make sure it's a perfect match.

Still, the public mobile website gives an error message every time, for every one of my cards, says it won't authorize.

There's plenty of credit on each of the cards I've tried.

How do I make a payment? Payment is due tomorrow.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@platinum50 wrote:

I previously paid with my credit card.

When I logged in today to pay, there was a credit card number stored on my account that is unlike any number I've ever seen. Not mine. Billing records don't show that any funds were paid from it.

Not sure what's going on but, I have a ticket in so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

@platinum50 that's unusual.  I hope you are able to get in touch with a moderator asap.  Expect a moderator to get back to you up to 48 hours.... this means a few minutes, an hour or two, or anytime within 48 hours.  If after 48 hours you have not heard from the moderators, send them a private message using this link.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!

platinum50

I previously paid with my credit card.

When I logged in today to pay, there was a credit card number stored on my account that is unlike any number I've ever seen. Not mine. Billing records don't show that any funds were paid from it.

Not sure what's going on but, I have a ticket in so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@platinum50 wrote:

Help, I'm trying to add a credit card to the system but it won't take any of my cards.

Have tried four cards, double checked (with precision) the exact address, down to the spaces of the exact text on my credit card statements to make sure it's a perfect match.

Still, the public mobile website gives an error message every time, for every one of my cards, says it won't authorize.

There's plenty of credit on each of the cards I've tried.

How do I make a payment? Payment is due tomorrow.

Thanks!

Hi @platinum50 may I ask how you paid for your plan before?  Perhaps you should try and do that again.  You can also purchase a voucher from retailers, gas and convenience stores and dial 611 to make a payment with a voucher.  I hope this helps.  Come back and let us know what happens.  Good luck!  👋 

platinum50

Thanks, I sent in a moderator ticket. I don't mean to be negative but this is really a clunky system. Have been trying to make a payment for an hour now, all things considered it shouldn't be so difficult to pay a bill.

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to hear this. I hope they can update this system and get rid of some of the bugs!

I look forward to my first payment since joining. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@platinum50  It's not your cards that is the problem it's the PM system that is old and  finicky. Also when you make multiple attempts a lock gets triggered and needs to be reset by the Moderato Team so you will need to submit a ticket to PM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.