cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System glitch rendered my service unusable

woofsauce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

pmobile.png

It has been 46 hours without service thanks to Public Mobile's broken system.

Instead of authenticating for my account and call it a day, can you please just resume my service?

Can I also request refund for the hours with no service?

While I really like the idea of having this self-serv system to reduce the cost, the system has to work.

The network is rock solid and I never had any issue since 2014, but anything involving account changes went wrong for me.

My activation hit some glitch back in 2014 during the transition, which is understandable.

However it has been 2+ years since that and PM's system is still glitchy as hell. Yes I understand that the mods/support staff are probably overwhelmed by the issues, but if the system works there won't be an issue in the first place. 

I hate posting in a forum complaining about things not working when there is already a support system in place for that, but the reality is that making the matters visible to the public always accelerates the process.

9 REPLIES 9

woofsauce

Actually, the 2+ year counts. It is just that the grandfathered plans won't receive the reward.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Loyalty-Pays/m-p/32092/highlight/true#M453

I am seeing "Loyalty Reward ($6)" and "AutoPay Reward ($6)" in my rewards. So I guess I'll see it kicks in on the next payment day.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

All your rewards begin from the day you start on a rewards eligible plan.

Unfortunately, those 2+ years on a grandfathered plan do not count for loyalty rewards as far as I know.  

Autopay should be showing as $6 balance in the "Available Funds" category.  And you had $1 extra.. so that explains the balance of $7.  

So, the PM staff basically set up your new 90-day cycle starting today, so at least you didn't pay for the last 2.5 days.  However, you did have to go through the inconvenience ... 

woofsauce

I am not sure about that.

Since the fund left is $7, and was $121 before. This implies $114 has been used for the plan.

I have been a public mobile customer for 2+ years, so that mean $6 loyalty reward per 90 days.

I am also on auto pay, so that's another $6 per 90 days.

However I was on one of the grandfathered plans without reward, I am not sure how it should work when one switches to a reward eligible plan.

The next auto pay is shown as Feb 3rd, 2017 in self serv, which is 90 days from today Nov 6th if the day Feb 3rd is included. Looks like my 90 days starts today. Obviously it would be even better if the switch had went through smoothly.

imm1304

Happy to hear that the service resumed today.  

Is that a small refund for the 60 hours outage?  

woofsauce

Service resumed around noon, the available fund left is $7.

Overall the outage was around 60 hours.

woofsauce

Thanks for all the hint and tips!

pmobile2.png

The self serv system has decided to "hide" the $120 topped by auto pay and the $1 I topped up manually.

Good thing is that the Transaction History still shows my 120+1.

I hope this is not something the mods have to deal with on a daily basis.

imm1304

@woofsauce, this must be frustrating.  

Ideally, you should come to the community and get help from the moderators. Most popular and efficient way to get help at the moment. 

The moderators are online Monday to Thursday 9am to 9pm.  Friday to Sunday 9am to 5:30pm. 

Since I have tagged Shazia in my previous post, I am very hopeful that you will get a response and resolution soon from any moderators who sign on tomorrow.  You may need to provide your public mobile phone number via a private message to the moderator.  So look out for some activity in this thread tomorrow.  

woofsauce

By authenticating my account I mean:

Support request created on 8:56AM EST on Friday using the "Contact Us" option on the website, and the response email I received on 6:25PM the same day was that they need my pin or account number to authenticate me with my account. I relpied within 4 minutes but there is no futher action yet.

They could have just activate my account instead.

I'll try pm one of the mods, hopefully this will be faster than the email method.

imm1304

Hey @woofsauce,

46 hours is too long for what looks like a failed change of plan.  Not sure why the account would need to be authenticated in this particular situation.  Just a manual plan change from their end would have solved this.  

I take it that you have sent a message to one of the moderators already as you seem familiar with PM?

I will alert @Shazia_K to take a look and resolve asap.  Hang in there.  

Need Help? Let's chat.