cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching sim cards

sarah-ashley994
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had recently lost my sim card and purchased a new one. How do I switch my existing account onto my new sim?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sarah-ashley994 unfortunately you will need to contact the moderator team for assistance with this issue.  Your timing is also unfortuante, as they are incredibly backlogged due to some system issues over the weekend causing a lot of people to compeltely lose service.  You will need to follow the directions below to contact them, but note that wait times will definitely be longer than noted below. They will get to you as soon as they can, however.

Here's the details:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sarah-ashley994

I did give them my email when registering the sim in store. Never received a confirmation email and do not have access to texting because the sim is lost. 😞

@sarah-ashley994 wrote:

I just paid the phone guys at Wal-Mart $40 to set up the account on Saturday and then somehow, magically, the little bugger managed to vanish into thin air.

This price included your plan right?  Yes you will need to set up a self serve account and unfortunately have to buy another sim card.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sarah-ashley994 wrote:

I just paid the phone guys at Wal-Mart $40 to set up the account on Saturday and then somehow, magically, the little bugger managed to vanish into thin air.

When you paid for your plan, did you provide your email address when you activated? That's required when creating your self serve account. Your phone number and your email.

Head over to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ and create an account.

sarah-ashley994

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarah-ashley994, I think you need to set up your account first, and then switch to your new SIM.  If your plan is/was set to renew shortly, and your plan was still available, and you had no credits, referrals, or other rewards to lose, you could simply set up a fresh account.  But you would lose everything that was part of the other account.

sarah-ashley994

I had literally just bought the account right before I lost the sim card and had not registered a self serve acc yet? What do I do?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sarah-ashley994 wrote:

I had recently lost my sim card and purchased a new one. How do I switch my existing account onto my new sim?

Hi Sarah, you need to login to your self serve account.  On the main page (Overview Page) on the right hand side there is a Change SIM link.  Click on it and you can activate your new SIM card.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.