cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to another courrier

FrenchieBC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone and don't have access to email Facebook and so and so  I bought a new phone and choose chart as my new courrier my question is what do I have to do to keep the same phone number with chart?

3 REPLIES 3

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@FrenchieBC 

To transfer your public mobile number to chart, you need to have an active working public mobile number,

first, you need to buy SIM from Telus or Koodo store for $10, or $5 from Amazon, if your phone supports eSIM, you need to buy eSIM for $5 from Public Mobile app. After than open the app and change your SIM or buy eSIM

second, you need to have active plan, you need to buy your subscription if it’s expired.

third, contact the new provider, and initiate the number porting

Last, respond to the porting request message on your PM working phone with YES

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @FrenchieBC 

your account must be active and able to receive text and reply the porting authorization text to port your number to another carrier

you can try to see if PM support agent would help the porting with your verbal approval.  If not, then you will have to buy a sim card and updated it on your current Public Mobile account so you can receive and reply the text

But check with PM support and see if they are ok with your verbal approval first.  Message them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@FrenchieBC , you will need to respond to a number transfer notification as a minimum.  That means having a functional p-SIM or e-SIM in your new phone.  Decide on the option, login to your online account and change the SIM card.  

Need Help? Let's chat.