cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from a Shared Plan to a New Public Mobile Plan

Donovan20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A friend and I share an account with Telus. We would like to switch over to Public today for the 30$ special plan.

• Can we both switch over and keep our number (even if he is part of my existing Telus account)?
  • Does Public Mobile cancel our existing plans with Telus?
  • All I need to do is purchase a Sim card and Activate it before the day ends to get the 30$ plan? Or is it already over? (Plan says expires on the 2nd of April 2018)
  • Once the Sim card is activated, I am still with Telus for the next 2 or so days until it is officially activated? At this point I just swap the cards and I’m good to go? Keeping the same number.

Any more information regarding the subject is greatly appreciated as we saw this plan today, heard that it expires today and, unfortunately, I can’t call anyone about it to learn about public mobile since there is absolutely no contact phone number.

Thank you,

Donovan

3 REPLIES 3

@Donovan20wrote:

Thank you for the reply,

One more question, If i buy both Sim cards today, can i activate them both without my friend being with me? (he can activate his online by me giving him the Sim card number) and then give him the Sim card tomorrow?

Thank you,

Donovan

Sure you can do that if you know all his info required to be submitted during activation. Don't forget to add one of your number as a referral to collect the referral reward

Donovan20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the reply,

One more question, If i buy both Sim cards today, can i activate them both without my friend being with me? (he can activate his online by me giving him the Sim card number) and then give him the Sim card tomorrow?

Thank you,

Donovan

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hi @Donovan20 

You both will be able to port in your existing numbers to public Mobile. Activate and move your friend's number first if the account is on your name. You just have to provide phone number, account number and your name. Make sure to check the authorized box. Once your port in your friend's number, you can do the same with your number. Best is to activate with a temporary number and then request to port in from self-serve account. Once you port in both numbers, your Telus account will close automatically. 

Today is the last day to activate on that plan to receive the deal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.