cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended Account/Declined Payment

albert83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Admins,

I'm attempting to make a payment for $110 on my account, however it's not going through, i've just spoken to my credit card company, who says there is no hold and just tried to do the payment while they were on the phone, they say they didn't even see anything come through, we waited together for 10+ mins.  Also, on the UI, the transction reads: Amount Due:$110.00 however my bank says that when the public mobile was attempting to charge my account, it was for $123.20? 

Can someone get back to me and tell me what's going on, how do i get my account re-actived (hopefully today) and why is there a discrepency between what i see on the screen for the amount of what is being attempted to be charged on my credit card.

Thanks,
Albert

13 REPLIES 13

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13amI haven't been with PM as long as you have, so I have no way to gauge what will happen (besides feedback from people like yourself).

They did say "if the issue isn't resolved by the time your renewal happens, manually add the money to your account and message us and we'll reactivate you".

But when there is a sometimes hours-long delay in mod message replies, and that's only if I catch it during their (short) business hours, that's not much solace.

Going even 24 hours without service because of their system being broken is BAD. What if I wasn't at home? What if I didn't have any other access to the internet but my phone?

It's just bad business no matter how you look at it.

If you look through my post history you'll see I waited over a year to switch to PM (waiting to see how it all played out, what issues people were having, etc). When I finally jumped ship I wrote about how great my port-in was, how happy I was with PM, etc.

Since then, the prices have gone up a bunch, I've seen other customers port in on promo's get plans that are worth $100 more than mine for the same price I pay, AND, I've got this huge billing issue on my first renewal.

I went from questioning PM, to loving PM, to hating PM, in a very short amount of time...

@rob79 wrote:

That is the hope @will13am, but IMO that's beside the point (and not a guaranteed thing). It should never happen in the first place. I shouldn't have to worry about it. I shouldn't have to send half a dozen messages about the same issue (many of which garnered different replies BTW - everything from "this takes 14 business days to fix" to "this takes 2 business days to fix" - that one was particularly amusing as it was sent to me 9 business days after I reported the issue).

It's just no way to run a business, especially one so essential as a telco.

I can get behind the "no frills" thing 100%. That's why I'm here. I mentioned I was with Koodo for 6 years - I left them thinking "well, I never have to call them anyway b/c I never have any problems, so why am I paying for call centres?". Yet two and a half months after joining PM, I've had to interact more with their customer support than I ever did with Koodo.

My experience with providers is the same as yours.  In all my years with not just cell provider but any, the only billing issue I had was once with bell.  They sent me a letter saying that they would stop the billing until the issue was resolved.  I am not going to say my time here has been trouble free.  However, every issue I have had has been resolved.  Where timeliness was an issue, I have always received the benefit of the doubt and never left in a compromising situation.  It is based on my own experience that I say you will be well looked after in spite of the prolonged time to resolve your ticket.  As long as you don't let the anxiety get to you, it will all be fine in the end.  BTW, I have a ticket that is around 1 month old.  The issue is almost resolved and I know they are trying.  Life goes on in the mean time.

rob79

That is the hope @will13am, but IMO that's beside the point (and not a guaranteed thing). It should never happen in the first place. I shouldn't have to worry about it. I shouldn't have to send half a dozen messages about the same issue (many of which garnered different replies BTW - everything from "this takes 14 business days to fix" to "this takes 2 business days to fix" - that one was particularly amusing as it was sent to me 9 business days after I reported the issue).

It's just no way to run a business, especially one so essential as a telco.

I can get behind the "no frills" thing 100%. That's why I'm here. I mentioned I was with Koodo for 6 years - I left them thinking "well, I never have to call them anyway b/c I never have any problems, so why am I paying for call centres?". Yet two and a half months after joining PM, I've had to interact more with their customer support than I ever did with Koodo.

@rob79 wrote:

@will13am

@will13am wrote:

...I appreciate that auto pay is not for everyone, but seems to the most fool proof way of avoiding the payment bugs...

Yet here I am, after reporting my payment issue on August 25th (2 weeks ago!) still being told "Your ticket is unresolved, please contact us in x number of days to check the status of it".

It's unbelievable how broken PM's payment/billing/account backend is. People are posting everyday, TRYING to give them money and they just won't take it!

It's crazy!

After asking for a status update today (b/c my renewal is on the 9th) the reply I got was "We've opened a second ticket since the first one is taking so long to get resolved"... Like I have any faith left in me that the 2nd ticket will be resolved any faster than the first.

This is my FIRST renewal since becoming a PM customer BTW. I was with my last provider for 6 years (Koodo), never had a SINGLE payment processing issue. They're BOTH owned by Telus for cryin' out loud! It's the SAME company.

If my account gets deactivated tomorrow night, I'm gonna jump ship. No reason to put up with it. Having to constantly monitor my account to proactivly avoid payment issues, and not have those issues resolved even if I give them 2 weeks notice, is not worth $10/month to me.

I would doubt the moderator team would let your account lapse when there is an outstanding ticket that they are taking too long to resolve.

rob79

@will13am

@will13am wrote:

...I appreciate that auto pay is not for everyone, but seems to the most fool proof way of avoiding the payment bugs...

Yet here I am, after reporting my payment issue on August 25th (2 weeks ago!) still being told "Your ticket is unresolved, please contact us in x number of days to check the status of it".

It's unbelievable how broken PM's payment/billing/account backend is. People are posting everyday, TRYING to give them money and they just won't take it!

It's crazy!

After asking for a status update today (b/c my renewal is on the 9th) the reply I got was "We've opened a second ticket since the first one is taking so long to get resolved"... Like I have any faith left in me that the 2nd ticket will be resolved any faster than the first.

This is my FIRST renewal since becoming a PM customer BTW. I was with my last provider for 6 years (Koodo), never had a SINGLE payment processing issue. They're BOTH owned by Telus for cryin' out loud! It's the SAME company.

If my account gets deactivated tomorrow night, I'm gonna jump ship. No reason to put up with it. Having to constantly monitor my account to proactivly avoid payment issues, and not have those issues resolved even if I give them 2 weeks notice, is not worth $10/month to me.

albert83

its my one and only credit card, surely there has to be a better solution, I've PM'ed the moderators, and hopefully they can find out if the system can be reset to accept my payment.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@albert83, if the option of using a different payment card is available to you, give it a try.  I appreciate that auto pay is not for everyone, but seems to the most fool proof way of avoiding the payment bugs.

albert83

Ok PM sent, thanks.

Yes, if you have attempted multiple times, it maybe blocked for your own security reason. 

Send a private message to the @CS_Agent team with your phone number, pm account number and explaination of your issue and they will resolve your issue. 

albert83

It's the same as it's always been, have done this same process before. When i spoke to the bank, they mentioned that sometimes when a transaction is declined multiple times, like in my case, the merchant (public mobile) will put a 24 hour block and suggested i call in to make a payment.

Does the information you have entered when creating your public mobile account such as name, address match the information of the credit card?

albert83

Hi Mana,

I was using Chrome, I just tried for the first time to login with Firefox and it's the same, i get this error:

"Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi @albert83,

sorry to hear about your troubles. 

First, if you are having issues with the going through the payment process online, please try clearing your browser's cache and history or trying using another browser such as safari or chrome. 

Second, the amount shown online does not include applicable taxes but the amount charged on your credit card does include applicable taxes and that is why you are seeing $110 online (not including taxes) and $123.20 on credit card charged (which is including taxes). 

Hope this helps you sorting out your issues. 

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.