cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in reception covereage in both Montreal and Toronto

josephdviviano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, trying to debug an issue,

I've noticed a sudden drop in service quality (constant dropouts, no signal in outdoor areas) in what I would consider metropolitan Toronto and Montreal. The issue began roughly 3 weeks ago, out of the blue.

Are there known issues with the public mobile (telus) network? Is there a way to diagnose whether I should replace the phone?

4 REPLIES 4

Sounds like a problem with your phone.

adil-5aar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i live in montreal and i didnt notice any drop of signal, i use my phone for everyday use and i have no probelem with date and voice also ...

as it said before maybe it a phone probelem, try with another phone and see if u still face the same problem..

when you are talking about montreal ? you have the probleme in all montreal or in a specific area..

josephdviviano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been a consistent issue for 3 weeks now. Is there any way to confirm whether there has been consistant outages in the Telus network over the last few weeks?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@josephdviviano, this is the site I used to check on real time outages.  Generally these kind of issues are fairly localized and come and go quickly.  Network problems affect all users and carriers will put resources to problem resolution on a priority basis.  If pervasive, I would tend to think there might be a problem with the phone hardware. 

http://canadianoutages.com/status/telus

Need Help? Let's chat.