Successful port no service

jesseberg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It sounds like my issues are the same as many others

-I've paid for service

-number is gone from my old provider (telus) as of this morning

-cannot log into my account with public mobile

-I think my Sim card is activated but no service whatsoever 

-I recieved an error message at the end of signing up that said to contact Public Mobile

-I went through the steps to activate data

So? what do I do? Am I expected to go without service for 12 days?

7 REPLIES 7

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @jesseberg

I'm really sorry we couldn't get back to you earlier!

I see that one of my colleagues was able to resolve your port issue for you. Also, if you and your wife bought your SIM cards before the $120 promo ended, you're eligible to get the promo plan 🙂 If that's the case, just send me a private message with your and your wife's phone number and SIM card order number. 

I also see you were able to create your Self Serve successfully. Are you able to access it?

Let me know. Have a great evening! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jesseberg
I eventually called Telus, the port went through 3 days later. I think it was the alternate number bug that foiled me

jesseberg

I only have one email that I commonly use, not sure why the email would be at fault.

My credit Card etc went through and my line with Telus was cancelled, am I supposed to start again with another email address?

@jesseberg Short of getting a pay as you go service somewhere, the only method I know to cope with an outage is an application like that from fongo.com ( or Google Hangouts). It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. Incoming SMS also free. 

The backlog must be diminishing since the promo plan ended Nov 20, but it's likely to be several days for the repair. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

This porting issue is because you used the same email as telus account. When you activate the sim, it warns you about this. 

You will have to get in touch with one of the staff member to get this fixed. There will be some delay as they are really busy with backlog. 

jesseberg

I have tried the workaround you mentioned but do not get a reply with a 6 digit code after entering my public mobile Ph#

I am using the same email as with Telus

I am also unable to Login to my public Mobile account with the username/password I setup, I was only able to join the community

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Did you use the same email you had on your telus account?

Give this workaround a try: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/m-...

If it doesn't work, send private message to one of the mod with info posted here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Need Help? Let's chat.