cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-Success Stories Go Here-

EdZeg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm growing tired of seeing so many disrespectful posts from people having porting issues, some of which are so rudely written I'd almost think they're just trying to scare away customers from Public Mobile... but I'm sure Rogers/Bell would never resort to those tactics......

Honestly, I'm sure some people are genuinely experiencing issues, and I'm sorry to hear they are having problems, but some are so incredibly rude. This service is providing exactly what it said it would. Cheap service, on a great network, through cost savings by not having physical stores, or having to staff call centres. You knew this when you decided to sign up. You will never need to call support after anyways, just show a little patience and respect, and you'll be happy in the end.

Anyways, I fugured we need more success stories so people understand how great life is with Public Modile.

In the past 2 weeks I've ported over 6 lines from Koodo, Fido, Chatr, and Bell. Zero issues.

4-6 more will be transfered in the next few days.

Line 1:

Ported over from Koodo's $48/5GB Saskatchewan plan 😉 (those who know, know)

did the port myself, through the system, no issues. (I did create the account with a different email address than my Koodo account though)

Port was completed in under 10 minutes.

Saving $10/month, before the referral discounts. Smiley Very Happy

(Side Note: Could not register inittially with my American Express, so I used my Visa, and then changed my Auto Renewal to Amex)

Lines 2 & 3:

Ported over from Fido without any issue, port took minutes.

Saving about $40, and have 4-8 times as much data now.

Line 4:

Ported from Koodo via Self Serve. Port took a few minutes to complete.

(Coworker's plan, not sure how much savings exactly)

Line 5:

Ported over from Chatr. Port was completed in the time it took me to drive my sister home. (15-20 minutes)

Paying $5 more/month, but previously had Zero Data, now have 4GB, and no "Zones"

Line 6:

Ported from Bell. Paying a hefty cancellation fee, but with the saving to the plan, this line will be good after 5 monuths.

Port took, maybe 20 minutes to complete.

Saving ~$70-80/month.

Note:

ALL of these ports were done Via Self Serve, and all were successful.

Just be thurough, and include the IMEI# of the last phone that was being used on the previous carrier. It's easy to find (Dial: *#06# ).

8 REPLIES 8

tylerp_105
I ported myself from the Rogers 6GB $60 superplan. I was not on contract for over a year. No issues, up and running in 30mins or less.

I created a new account for my wife. Different email address but same credit card. No issues, active pretty much right away.

Anothet friend ported from Fido. No issues. Up in less than 30mins.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@EdZeg wrote:

A1 Reply bro! But serously, I started a new thread because I didn't see a Sucess Story thread, because it was likely burried under all the whining. All good now, main thread updated.

@EdZeg I am just cranky at all the duplicate posts; the promo flooded the forms with them. people need to learn to use a search before cluttering up duplicates, so yes it was an A1 reply. Had you used search you would've found it quite easily. 

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Holy, you have lots of friends who switched to PM! 

vn33
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I want to add my kudos to Pbulic Mobile ...

I now have introduced PM to 4 people, and there was only a single blip in the porting process.

- Friend 1 activated his line + his wife, ported numbers in for both lines at the same time as activation.

Time it took to activate/port = under 5 minutes

- Friend 2 activated 1 line,  ported number in for line at the same time as activation.

Time it took to activate/port = under 5 minutes

- Friend 3 activated number, took a temporary number. This morning at 8:44, ported the number but there was an error on self-serve portal. Sent email to Mod and noticed by 10:09, the number was already ported

- Waiting for Friend 4 to activate & port her number, which I do not anticipate any issues.

Yes, there will be some people who genuinely encountered some valid issues, for whatever reasons. However, to put in perspective, PM must be attracting quite a sign-up for the Fall Promo. Where else would you get a plan this good, with loads of data, on a national LTE data network ?

Just be patient and enjoy how much you are saving on your phone plan, going forward!!

Thanks PM for such a good value!

Jewelsruss
Ported from telus in under 10 min from start to finish. Couldn't be happier. Went from $80 a month for less services than I have now to $40 with exactly what I need 🙂

EdZeg

@outdoorsaddix

Reformatted and added to your thread. Smiley Very Happy

@Chaos_Scorpio

A1 Reply bro! But serously, I started a new thread because I didn't see a Sucess Story thread, because it was likely burried under all the whining. All good now, main thread updated.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Failed thread ... should've used the search first. 

Need Help? Let's chat.