cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription unsuccessful

Tifa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to transfer my number from PhoneBox (Telus) to Public Mobile, but it says my IMEI doesn’t match with my phone number. How can this be resolved? There is no helpline that I could call for help 😞

3 REPLIES 3

@Tifa wrote:

Couldn’t find my account number with PhoneBox.. have to email them tomorrow.. why IMEI wouldn’t work? I am using eSIM

It's not that IMEI doesn't work for number porting, but just that using the account number has a higher rate of successs.  Using the IMEI leads to more porting failures as customers sometimes change devices.  Also, carriers aren't always expecting the most recently IMEI for number porting.  When it comes to account number, there is only even one account number for the lifetime of an account (never changes).

Tifa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Couldn’t find my account number with PhoneBox.. have to email them tomorrow.. why IMEI wouldn’t work? I am using eSIM

@Tifa wrote:

Trying to transfer my number from PhoneBox (Telus) to Public Mobile, but it says my IMEI doesn’t match with my phone number. How can this be resolved? There is no helpline that I could call for help 😞

Please use the chatbot to open a ticket with a Public Mobile customer support agent:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If at all possible, use the old carrier's account number (not the IMEI).

Need Help? Let's chat.