cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription shut off

Scjr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My subscription period ends today but my service was discontinued this AM . I’m trying to port out but am being blocked. Do plans not go to end of day?

6 REPLIES 6

@maurelle wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Scjr  You can't port out unless the plan is active and leaving port out until the last minute runs the risk of this happening, so best to do it a few days before.   You can renew your plan to allow the port out.

There is an exception to that if a Public Mobile customer is porting out to either Telus or Koodo. Suspended accounts can still be ported there.

That might be a YMMV, depending on the Telus/Koodo agent that is assigned to your inquiry. One of my referrals missed the porting window to Telus earlier this year and the Telus rep made it clear that they wouldn't port from suspended PM accounts, period.

It's not YMMV. it's company policy and they are supposed to do it.  This is something that specifically came up and Public Mobile made a point of mentioning this specific exemption porting to and from Telus brands.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Scjr  You can't port out unless the plan is active and leaving port out until the last minute runs the risk of this happening, so best to do it a few days before.   You can renew your plan to allow the port out.

There is an exception to that if a Public Mobile customer is porting out to either Telus or Koodo. Suspended accounts can still be ported there.

That might be a YMMV, depending on the Telus/Koodo agent that is assigned to your inquiry. One of my referrals missed the porting window to Telus earlier this year and the Telus rep made it clear that they wouldn't port from suspended PM accounts, period.

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In addtition to the above:

Depending on where you checked the end date of your current plan cycle, PM's information might be misleading. Plan cycles are 30 days and plans are renewed in the morning of day 31 which becomes day one of the next cycle

If you look at the account landing page, you see this:

Screenshot 2024-06-07 12.23.30.png

If you count the days, starting with May 13 as day one, day 30 is June 11. So June 12 is day one and start of the next cycle. It's sloppy programming and communication, it's been this way ever since the switch to EverSafe but PM apparently feels that there is no need to be accurate on the landing page.

If you check the payment tab, you see the proper information, although they could make it even clearer by adding "in the morning of":

Screenshot 2024-06-07 12.20.49.png

Note: I'm a website only person - things might be slightly different in the app.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Waiting to the last minute to port out can be a dangerous game, it's always advised to do it a few days before the end just to allow for enough time.

Not sure if you will have any luck but at this point you will need to open a ticket through the Chatbot:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.