cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription change/ 20$ package

Marie_N26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Following my last question about the change of the rewards program, I was told about a 20$ that would be a good option.

I was able to find it in the shop section of the website, but it doesn't show up in my list of available subscription I can choose from. 

I have an old phone and I don't need data at all, is there a way to make the change? 

Thank you for your help

8 REPLIES 8

RefusedPartyPro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Marie_N26,
From your previous answer regarding the fizz plan at 22$/month I assume your in the province of Qc. If it aint so and you are either in : Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta or BC, Freedom mobile offers a prepaid (paid by the year) plan at 119$/year. It includes Unlimited talk & text and standard voicemail !

I know what you mean.

I have a $15 plan that was already on the points system.

I also have $29 plan that was  earning rewards.  I am now paying 10.70 more money per cycle for this account!! But there is NOTHING to switch to as the new offers are HORRIBLE.  🤨

Marie_N26

There's actually a 20$ plan. But it's not available to me. So there's no point for me to stay unfortunately. 

And I really appreciate the advice☺️. But I have experience in telecommunications, I'll be okay! 

@Marie_N26  . I cannot justify paying 40$ when I only want to talk with no data

There are Public Mobile plans that are available to all and less then $40 although not as low as $22 unless it's specifically offered when you log in to your account.  If you're going to port out the phone number make sure to do it a few days before next renewal, the account must be still active to keep the number and transfer it.  

Marie_N26

I am paying 10$ more a month since the removal of the rewards. It's pretty disappointing. I'll have to look and go elsewhere. Public Mobile doesn't suit me anymore. I cannot justify paying 40$ when I only want to talk with no data, it's not even my main phone, it's for my mother. I found a 22$ plan with fizz that will be better.

Thank you for all the assistance! Have a great week

Marie_N26

Thank you for your reply. Yeah , unfortunately 400 minutes isn't alot. I don't want to go back to the early 2000 plans 🥲

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Marie_N26 

For existing members, you will need to login to the PM app then to Subscription>Manage Subscription>Change Subscription and there you will have all options for plans you are eligible for. Each members have different optional plans to choose from.

Other than that, you might want to consider porting to the Telus $100/year prepaid plan with 400 minutes of talk/year and 400 texts but there is a promo code for unlimited text for a year.

400 minutes of talk for a year is not very much. That is like 30 minutes/month.

IMG_0232.png

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Marie_N26  public mobile has made it so that customers can only change plans  to what is in Your account only.

It appears that you cannot go to a cheaper plan than you currently have. 

Also note that if you change to a different plan today and change your mind, you are not guaranteed that you will get back the old plan you had just prior.

Careful consideration will be required now when changing plans 😒.

Very limited plans for existing members.

Need Help? Let's chat.