cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Question

KatieF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I have a question about my subscription. I believe it's grandfathered but not sure. Currently I have:

• $105/90 days
  • 1.5GB @ 3G speed/90 days
  • Unlimited canada-wide talk/text
  • Unlimited international text

I was checking plans out of the blue today (when for the first time I ran out of data) and found this one:

• $39/month (no option for 90 days I see)
  • 20GB @ 4G speed
  • Same as above can/intl

So for $4/month more than what I currently pay, I'd be getting 18.5GB extra data. I think the answer is 'duh" but I want to make sure I won't lose any of the perks I currently have? I get quite a lot taken off each month for loyalty/auto-pay.

Is this package only for a short time then the price goes up? Will I lose my perks?

Thank you 🙂

14 REPLIES 14

@Brilliance  Hahahahhahahaha I hear you n me both 😉

@Brilliance  Next time you see a plan that tickles your fancy … just schedule plan change for next renewal … screen shot it … so if it is gone and auto pay fails … you have proof for support 

@Brilliance  There no expiry date on the promo plans … so get them while you can 

@Brilliance @Handy1 

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more Loyalty reward, so no more $1/month up to $5/month.  Instead, they only give $10 every year on the anniversary. 
    So, for someone with PM between 13th to 24th months:
               old reward program will get $12 on that year compare with $10 on the new system 
    So, for someone with PM between 25th to 36th months:
               old reward program will get $24 on that year compare with $10 on the new system 
    for someone with  PM between 61th and 72th month (and same after this point)
                 old reward program will get   $60/year compare with $10/year on the new system 
  3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone

@Brilliance  Your absolutely rights there are pros and cons … and infact if you ask @softech nicely enough he’s has a excellent brake down of the two systems 

@Brilliance the friend rewards is the same on both old and new system.  $10 to the newly joined and $1/1 point for the one refer friends 

@Brilliance  Hymm , well maybe I’m wrong , but your the first I heard promoting the points system .. all good thou .. we all know PM rocks either way 

KatieF

Ok will do! Thank you

@Brilliance , I would trade someone my points account for their rewards account in a heartbeat! 🤣 I miss the old rewards!

@KatieF  Change plan for next renewal , not immediately or you lose money 

KatieF

Thank you for all the replies! Switching now! So glad I saw this one.

@Brilliance  You sure ? … check out my first post ….

@KatieF  don’t ever switch to the new points rewards there not nearly as lucrative as your old rewards system 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KatieF limited time offer but not limited pricing. Once you are in, you are in

so, get it while you can.  Yes. It is a great deal

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KatieF  Yes you get to keep your old rewards no worry .. I just did this plan change my self check it out 😉

Handy1_0-1685660848652.png

Add the plan dosent expire either 

Need Help? Let's chat.