cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitted a ticket but need a quick solution

Ron112355
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, am a new customer today and maybe should have waited a few days.

I need my old Pcmobile phone number ported before tomorrow as I have to go to a doctors appointment and will need my old phone number working to order my Uber.

My question is if need be and I don’t get this done by tomorrow morning can I put my old SIM card back in the phone for the day or will this screw things up even further than I already have?

9 REPLIES 9

@Ron112355 just choose the solution that you think helped you the most and that closes the post. Stay safe. 

Ron112355
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks all for your response, I jumped the gun a bit had one of the mod team take care of it for me and am good to go.....

Not sure how to close a topic so if a mod can do that would be great..

thanks again

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ron112355 
I’ve done two ports from PC Mobile prepaid to Public Mobile, and both were done within an hour of submitting the port. Yes, the old SIM works until the port is complete. It’s best if you have each SIM in a different phone so that you can track the process. For me, incoming calls stayed in PC longer, and texting moved almost immediately to PM. Make sure you have your PC mobile account number (call in for it if necessary) and the name of the account holder. Works like a charm! 
Edit: I should note that the PM form wasn’t working perfectly at one point, so I ended up doing the port for one number manually  through a moderator by sending them all the necessary information listed on the transfer form. They were able to have it done within twenty minutes of my sending it in.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ron112355 , when you are doing a number port, always use the old service until it stops working.  With all services, there is a lead time to complete a number port.  Having moderator to support a port can increase the time a bit, but it should still be relatively quick these days.  

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ron112355 You'll only be able to keep using PC Mobile prepaid if the plan would still be active tomorrow. Otherwise, you would need to renew the PC plan.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Your old sim will work until the port is completed.

If your data is working you can also use fongo or TextNow as free allternative number.

Even though your port may not be completed you should be able to call out. If you are not, it's possible today you need to unlock your phone

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ron112355 wrote:

Hi all, am a new customer today and maybe should have waited a few days.

I need my old Pcmobile phone number ported before tomorrow as I have to go to a doctors appointment and will need my old phone number working to order my Uber.

My question is if need be and I don’t get this done by tomorrow morning can I put my old SIM card back in the phone for the day or will this screw things up even further than I already have?

@Ron112355   Porting over a PC Mobile number requires moderators help. Take a temporary PM number at activation to use.  then submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon ? mark bottom right of your screen and ask for "Port Request" and follow prompts to submit.

Keep your PC account active until porting is complete.

Edit: Okay you've submitted the port request, then use the temporary number that you selected until it's completed.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ron112355 did you initiate the port from PC mobile? If you did barring a stuck port, it should be completed by tomorrow. If it isn't you could reinsert your PC mobile SIM to get calls and texts. But I thought UBer uses data. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Ron112355 Keep using your old sim card until it doesn't work. At that point the port process is complete. Welcome to PM

Need Help? Let's chat.