cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stripe Payment 2FA Login Code

dwturner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,  I seem to be having trouble receiving text messages from Stripe's 2FA account login process.  My user history shows the texts were sent by Stripe and apparently arrived at PM's server (assuming that otherwise they would not show up in my user) but they do not appear on my phone.  I have tried all of the suggestions from the ChatBot but that didn't help at all.  I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

@dwturner check with Stripe and see if they use authentication app instead of 2FA sms, or email or phone call for 2fa.    And don't be surprised they tell you they send without problem on their end, many of those call centers just not aware international shortcode is not a guarantee 

dwturner

@softechThanks for the shortcode list.  I assume that the number listed in my user history is the shortcode and I was able to find that number on the shortcode list.  When I searched the list Stripe.com did not appear but the shordcode did.  When I checked the contact email address domain, I was able to confirm that Stripe does use the authentication services provided by Twilio.com (the domain I found on the shortcode list).  So it would seem that the shortcode is on the list but for some the associated message was not received by my phone.  Oh well, at least now I have some information I can use when I speak to the live support person.

@dwturner international shortcode is a hit or miss and providers won't do much check if your can find the shortcode here:. https://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/, only shortcodes found on the site are guaranteed 

dwturner

@softechI have logged into the Stripe account in the past and vaguely recall that 2FA worked at the time but that was about 8 or 9 months ago.  Stripe.com an international payment processor, similar to PayPal but their domain is registered in the UK.

@dwturner you ever receive 2fa code from them?? is that a US company/site??

dwturner

@softechThanks for asking!  No, I switch to Public Mobile about a year ago.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dwturner    did you just activate with Public mobile and requested porting?  If so, was it within 7 days?

Need Help? Let's chat.