cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop paying for a month but have credit in my account.

sparkaction
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to stop my account from renewing for 2 months.  Last month I removed auto renew but the account still renewed.  Is it because I have funds in the account that I must renew every month until my balance is depleted?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@mimmo wrote:

It was confirmed by a mod a month or so ago.  Enable lost stolen feature. This stops from renewing and gives you 90 days can't remember if it's from when lost feature is enabled or from renewal date.

When you want to activate again simply remove last feature.

From renewal date. Suspending does not stop the clock ticking to expiry just blocks services, including renewal.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It was confirmed by a mod a month or so ago.  Enable lost stolen feature. This stops from renewing and gives you 90 days can't remember if it's from when lost feature is enabled or from renewal date.

When you want to activate again simply remove last feature.

@sparkaction wrote:

Won't i need to purchase a new SIM upon "finding" my phone?

It only "suspends" your service for up to 90 days. The sim is good if you come back within 90 days to resume.

sparkaction
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Won't i need to purchase a new SIM upon "finding" my phone?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@sparkaction wrote:

I would like to stop my account from renewing for 2 months.  Last month I removed auto renew but the account still renewed.  Is it because I have funds in the account that I must renew every month until my balance is depleted?

Thanks

Having a balance is like having auto pay

I think you only have 3 options. Let the balance run out. Contact mods and ask to suspend service for 2 months (not sure if this is waste of mods time or if something they do) but can go into self serve and mark your phone as "lost/stolen"

"Lost/Stolen Phone If your phone is lost or stolen, you can suspend your service until you find your phone. Once it's found, return to this page to resume your service. If your account is suspended for more than 90 days, your account will be deactivated and you'll lose your phone number."

12121212.png

Need Help? Let's chat.