cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotty data

7up
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I'm from Kingston, Ontario. I was browsing the earlier messages about spotty data and it seems that it has to do with phone quality? Idk, maybe?

Any ways, in my case I do not really get to choose when I can use my data. Whenever I leave my place, I have to hope that my data will work. Trust me, if I could I would use my all the data that comes in my plan before the renewal date. I saw that people switched their connectivity to 3G (I've tried that has not worked) or I did not do it right, or people switched their sims to a new phone. Uhhhh I'd rather buy a new sim from another company than get a new phone.

I've sent in a ticket a while ago and have not heard back. Wondering if there are any people giving advice on this here. 

3 REPLIES 3

@7up 

A little more info....

1. Make and model of phone as per @gpixel  query?
  2. Your location.
  3. Has it always been this way ? How many bars do you get?
  4. Have you tested your sim in another phone and have the same issue?
  5. Have you toggled airplane mode on/off?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @7up ,

How long as this been occurring? Is it something new?

If you put in a ticket a while ago and it has been over 48 without a response, I would put in another message to the moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators(PM Customer Service Representatives)

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@7up 

on 4G LTE devices, the PRL(preferred roaming list) is updated with your SIM card. To ensure you have the latest PRL, you can power your phone off and remove/reinsert the SIM card once a month or so.

then reset your network settings

what's the make and model of the device?

Need Help? Let's chat.