cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam MMS

cathastrophe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I keep on getting alerts from different phone numbers that appear like spam messages (MMS with attachments).  Is it possible to block these?  I disabled my data, and now I keep on getting alerts that I am unsuccessful sending MMS messages, even if I am not sending any myself.  I am turning my data off now so that I don't spam other people in return!  What can I do to cancel these MMS messages I am receiving?

9 REPLIES 9

@cathastrophe glad you were able to get help. hope your weekend turns put well and no more spammy mms!

cheers

cathastrophe

Thanks everyone.   I already blocked the unknown numbers, but some are my friends! I've asked them to scan their phones for malware.  I've already run both AVG and Kaspersky for Android, but both did not detect any issues.  Neither did Google Play Protect.

cathastrophe

Thanks everyone.   I already blocked the unknown numbers, but some are my friends! I've asked them to scan their phones for malware.  I've already run both AVG and Kaspersky for Android, but both did not detect any issues.  Neither did Google Play Protect.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geopublicis right especially if your phone is getting hot or your battery is running down faster than usual.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cathastrophe What's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cathastrophe  You should scan your phone for viruses if its trying to send out MMS on its own.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cathastrophewhat phone are you using?

You can go to your phone settings or open your text message app and you may be able to block those numbers. Another option is to download a text messaging app with built-in antispam.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@cathastrophe you can block any number kn your phone within your own OS. click on the number and look for the block number setting. 

This is for calls or text or mms. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@cathastrophe  is this a number you ported over? or is it a brand new number? it's probably the past users friends texting. you can block the numbers one by one. what type of phone do you have?

go to the messengers number in your text app, open their message and look for options to the top right and see if there is an option to block the caller.

For my specific phone I would open the message tap the 3 dots(top right corner) tap details and there is an option to block spam

Screenshot_20200419-153349-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20200419-153542-01.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.