cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Walmarts Not Selling SIMS Outright

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I walked into 2 different Walmarts today and both locations advised they do not sell SIM cards without activating.  So I was told they cannot sell me the SIM Card outright.  I've seen many other messages on PM with customers complaining about the same thing.  It looks like Walmart wireless management or Walmart as a whole has made this decision not to sell just the SIM card.  I highly suggest PM @Alan_K @Brooke_C @David_J @CS_Agent, re-visit the contract/agreement with Walmart and if Walmart IS going against the contract/agreement then take the necessary actions to allow customers to be able to purchase what they need, when they need it.  

First I suggest having an immediate and urgent email sent out to all Walmart Wireless Managers to cease these activities that go against the Walmart/PM agreement (if that is the case).  And advise of the penalties or re-repercussions that is set out in the agreement if they continue to violate the terms of this agreement.  This is seriously getting out of hand, and this seriously needs to stop.  They're forcing customers to do things that they don't have to do.  

In the meantime, I also suggest you provide us PM customers with at least a small part of the agreement so that we can walk into a Walmart and advise that what they are doing is against the agreement, and be able to show them that part of the agreement so we can get what we need.

That's my rant for the day.  Hopefully this leads to something positive for all PM customers.

5 REPLIES 5

@dna2016 wrote:

@srlawren thanks for providing the thread from the prior topics, but what is missing from those are suggestions that PM corporate side get in touch with Walmart corporate side and have a mass email go out to all Walmart wireless locations advising of stopping any activity that is not part of the agreement between them.  Making a list of all the Walmarts is a good idea, but i think to keep it simple and to make sure every Walmart is on the same page, just have a mass communication go out to all Walmart management.  

I suspect that at the executive level, there's total understanding of the terms of agreement.  Get down to working level and the staff are totally focused on making a buck anyway they can.  In sales the staff churn is probably very high.  There might be practical issues with rules enforcement.  As a customer, I would take matters into my own hands.  Boycott!

dna2016

@will13am Store Locations: 

1) Kennedy & Sheppard, Toronto Ontario -> Store #3000

2) Warden & Eglinton, Toronto Ontario -> Store #3159

For both locations they started by asking me what I needed it for, which obviously shouldn't matter.  Looks like they are all following the same scripts.  Luckily this time around I told them that I needed a replacement SIM for my dad's phone, and that PM told me to go to that store to get it.  Then I said, PM advised I still need to buy the SIM and that PM would credit my account.  The guy was still a bit hesitant but I kept my poker face on and was able to get the SIM.

Definitely should not have to go through all this for a flippin $10 SIM card man, jeez.

dna2016

@srlawren thanks for providing the thread from the prior topics, but what is missing from those are suggestions that PM corporate side get in touch with Walmart corporate side and have a mass email go out to all Walmart wireless locations advising of stopping any activity that is not part of the agreement between them.  Making a list of all the Walmarts is a good idea, but i think to keep it simple and to make sure every Walmart is on the same page, just have a mass communication go out to all Walmart management.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dna2016 duplicate topic:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/Some-retailers-are-refusing-to-sell-unactivate...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dna2016, can you specify locations where you had issues with getting the SIM cards.  We are trying to collect a list of the non compliant locations.  Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.