cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim won't sync

khv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Added us roaming and 250 data. Now sim chip won't sync? No data. No text. No calls.
  • Constant error message every 1 second. Says syncing sim contacts.
  • Rebooted. Removed and re-entered the sim chip while powered down. 
  • Connects to wifi but no data no text no cell tower connection.
24 REPLIES 24

khv

I upgraded to android 10 several months ago. The phone worked great until we landed in Atlanta.

khv

I put the sim card in the second slot leaving the first slot open.

@khv wrote:

Screenshot_20220628-204222.png

@khv   from your screenshot , it looks like it is connected already, the bars with the R icon 

I wonder if it is an APN issue....

and, join the Teracube community 

https://community.myteracube.com/

Look like there are some knowledge ppl with that phone will answer quickly

@khv wrote:

Can't put the sim chip in a different phone but I put in the second sim chip slot. Same issue...

@khv 

After inserting two SIM cards, your phone will prompt you to select a default SIM for call, messages and data. This setting is also available in Settings > Network & Internet > SIM cards.

did you pick the correct sim slot for data?

@khv wrote:

Terracube 4e running Android 10

@khv   this is how you can reset your network

soft network reset: Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@khv  Were your services working in Canada okay? When did you upgrade to Android 10?

I suppose you could try either of the below.

1. Do a backup and perform a factory reset (https://community.myteracube.com/t/how-to-factory-reset-erase-all-user-data/401) while staying on Android 10
  2. OR Uninstall Android 10, and go back to previous version.

edit

khv

Can't put the sim chip in a different phone but I put in the second sim chip slot. Same issue...

khv

Screenshot_20220628-204355.png

khv

Screenshot_20220628-204222.png

khv

Terracube 4e running Android 10

khv

Added the $20 US Roaming bundle from the far right columne.

@khv what kind of phone do you have?

khv

No. Us Roaming and US data have been listed since the start. T-Mobile is listed as then network on the network and Internet page in settings. T-Mobile is also listed but greyed out where I can turn on and turn off data and roaming (with the auto select network toggle on - and will not let me toggle off - just Grey's screen and a circle icon pops up for 2-3 second before toggling it back on).

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@khv  - which addon did you add to your account? Does it say "Roaming" in the description?

Any one of these Yellow ones are for use whilst in USA.

esjliv_0-1656460915062.png

How to -

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

You can't actually add add-ons when the account is suspended. But it could happen overnight of that night.

"We"...can you try the sim in another phone? Try another sim in this phone?

khv

I had an active plan (with automatic renewals) we just landed in the us and added US data and US roaming when we landed. 

Not sure how to reset the network settings but I rebooted the phone twice. Shut it down and removed and replaced the sim card. No change.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@khv 

Since the US Roaming is showing on your account…is it working now?

What phone are you using so we can help you with the settings?

lf not, try rebooting the phone again and click on AT&T or T-Mobile on the cellular network.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@khv so from your latest posts, are you still having issues?

Make sure you have an Active public mobile plan, as any type of addon will only work when your status is Active.

If still issues, try a reset of the network settings of the device to see if the roaming addon works.

I don't suppose you have another phone (maybe someone you are travelling with in the USA) that you could try your SIM card inside their phone to see if service work.

khv

I used the text pop up to go to my public account page. Added the cash to then account then added US roaming and data. Both are now on my add ins summary list.

khv

Did. Now lists US data and US roaming on the list of add ins at the main screen.

khv

It will not allow me to deselect automatically select. A circle icon pops up and the screen greys out and becomes unresponsive for several seconds then auto search goes back on (then the one second notifications start again). Tried going back to stop the circle icon but it re-triggers auto select. Deactivated roaming and data, but it made no difference...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't think purchasing the add-on or not has affected this. Did you get the welcome to the US text when you turned on your phone in the states?

Do you see the data roaming in your my data & add-ons?

Was your setting on manual and on Public? Or automatic? And can you change the network?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@khv , add-on purchase is 2 steps.  Make sure that you see the add-on in the overview tab.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@khv you are in US now, I guess.  Make sure your enabled Roaming Mobile Data, manually select to connect to ATT or TMobile, do not leave it with Automatic.  See if  internet works after

Need Help? Let's chat.