cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim shipment delays?

oopacman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Heyo

So I unfortunately saw the Freedom promo on the weekend and ordered a SIM as soon as I found out which was Sunday, but now only today I have recieved an order confirmation. I'm assuming the 3-7 days is from ship date, and I live in Durham Region. 

So basically I'm assuming that I've missed out since my order prob won't even ship till tomorrow by the looks of it. Is there anything I can do to help this out, Is there a local way to buy Public SIM's or anything. Honestly I've spent over 2 weeks trying to get a Corp plan with Telus where they kept having issues and I had to call daily before I gave up with them not helping me in the slightest, so I'm just hoping for a stroke of luck here to help me out as Freedom does not work when I'm at school (full time college student) even in home zones.

8 REPLIES 8

WilsonLam

I got the Public Mobile SIM card late and now I'm stuck with Freedom. I guess there's no hope for me eh?

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Shipping is super fast in the GTA - welcome to Pub.

oopacman

I honestly zoned out on Monday being a holiday as my work was open and many other stores were. But thankfully it doesnt matter, I've lucked out and got my sim card today! 

Thank you everyone for the help!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jeffster1970 wrote:

But do contact a mod to see if they can hold the account until the SIM arrives, might be a better solution if it doesn't come in time.

@jeffster1970

If by that you mean have the moderator start the account activation before the shipped SIM arrives, that won't be possible, because PM does not assign SIM card numbers to specific accounts when they are shipped.  The SIM cards and their numbers are pre-sealed in the package, so neither PM nor the customer know which number they'll get until it arrives.  And of course, an activation cannot be started without a SIM number.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Depending where you are...I guess it can make a difference. 

Mine came a day before I got a notice of shipment from Public Mobile. 

I have extra's (for a good reason) if you get desparate, just PM (pardom tham lame pun) and we'll sort things out. You just need the SIM number to start it off. 

But do contact a mod to see if they can hold the account until the SIM arrives, might be a better solution if it doesn't come in time.

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Try to get Sim card from your local Kijiji. Good luck.

Tuesday was the first business day after the holiday, so I don't really see that as delayed (just my opinion).

The 3 to 7 business day number is just an estimate.  Some people can get sim cards in 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 10 days, etc.

That timeframe is an estimate that most people can go buy and likely factors in Public Mobile processing time.

Here's the good news.  Public Mobile uses Canada Post Xpresspost for shipping sim cards.  If  your sim card ships on Wednesday,  and you're somewhere such as Oshawa, you should have the sim card on Thursday (they come from Misssisauga).  If you're in a more rurual part of Durham Region, add an extra day (which could be too late). That's all assuming of course that Canada Post receives your shipment before the daily cut-off time, and also assumes that there are no in-transit delays.   But either way, you're cutting it very close.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Go try to get the sim card from local people.   The dead line is based on port date.

Need Help? Let's chat.