cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim says it's already registered?

mkg20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, 

I just got my SIM card in the mail and when I first contacted public mobile I asked if my Google Pixel 4 would work (even though it's not listed on the site). I am transferring from Videotron. Darren, the rep said: 

"When transferring over, you would request the switch through our activation process with your phone number and account ID from videotron. Afterwards the process is automatic and once you are fully with us, we will cancel the old account for you.
First, you would purchase a SIM card from us and receive it, and then you can activate the new plan, transfer a number, choose your plan, etc." 

So I bought the sim card, tried to register and I got an error message saying the SIM is invalid? What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4

mkg20

Thanks! That helped. I just had to clear my browser history. Appreciate it! 

azeemhaq

Make sure you paid the balance, that you can check through your account details using self serve. and you can also see the sim activation status at overview page.

If there was no balance paid, the system might lock the SIM for some time around 50-60 minutes normally. Wait for 1 hour and try the process again.

Thanks.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mkg20  how far did you get in the activation process? Check to see if your credit card was charged. . If it wasnt, wait 50 minutes from last attempt,  clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your SIM card.  

If it was charged your SIM was activated.  Turn your phone off, insert the sim card and restart your phone. Try loggimg into your self service account.  Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mkg20 wrote:

Hi all, 

I just got my SIM card in the mail and when I first contacted public mobile I asked if my Google Pixel 4 would work (even though it's not listed on the site). I am transferring from Videotron. Darren, the rep said: 

"When transferring over, you would request the switch through our activation process with your phone number and account ID from videotron. Afterwards the process is automatic and once you are fully with us, we will cancel the old account for you.
First, you would purchase a SIM card from us and receive it, and then you can activate the new plan, transfer a number, choose your plan, etc." 

So I bought the sim card, tried to register and I got an error message saying the SIM is invalid? What do I do?

@mkg20 

First check if your credit card was charged. If it was the sim may have activated. Try it in your phone and see if anything works.

If no charge. The system puts a lock on sim for around 50 minutes..you will have to wait 1 hour and try activating again.

If problem still persist contact moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.