cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim isnt recognized by phone?

Tyler21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Just swapped to public mobile, new number, activated everything correctly, paid, my old sim is still recognized in my phone as there so no issues with HTC m8. Throw this sim in perfectly everytime and my phone still shows the symbol that no sim is installed.
7 REPLIES 7

Tyler21

good to hear, thanks bud. Sucks not having a phone for a few days, hopefully the next batch I ordered will work. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Tyler21 and @ergyth,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue you both having with your new PM SIM cards. 

Would it be possible to send me the SIM card numbers and the details of your account via private message? I will take a look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ergyth

I'm also having the same problem.  Just got my SIM today, it sounds suspiciously like a bad batch of SIM cards.

SebastienB

Yeah,

that sucks. I would hate for that to have happened to me.  I just got mine yesterday. Having issues with porting my number (because of old provider) but the sim is fine.

@Shazia_K or @Mary_M seem to be very helpful at fixing things around here. you could try messaging them if you haven't already gotten in contact with them. They might be able to help.

Good luck.

Tyler21

Yeah, the phone is unlocked, I had it with Rogers, then with wind, and both sims worked perfectly fine. It seems some other guy in the forum is having the same issue he just posted about it. So maybe a bad batch of sim cards? Either way, like he posted in the forum I really can't wait three days for a new sim to possible work/not work. 

SebastienB

I have a HTC m8 and my SIM was recognized so I don't thisnk that the phone is the issue.

Also, usually if the phone is locked, it will ask for an unlock code when you put a sim card from another provider. 

Maybe the sim card is defective?  I've also heard of sim cards that were to thin to be read correctly by some phones?  You could always order another sim card.  Or if you have access to another phone, try your current defective sim card in another phone to check it.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Is your phone unlocked? If not, then unlock, UNLESS phone was from Tel or Koodo, same network

Need Help? Let's chat.