cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card

LoVeSoSa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sim card was stolen so I bought a new one and now it isn't working. I've exhausted every single thing the website and help site has to offer and getting nowhere I cant even put a voucher on my phone plz help

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LoVeSoSa 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open Browser incognito mode,

How To Change Your SIM Card,

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link,.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set !!

EricPellerin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You also have the option to open a ticket by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right of the screen to open a ticket and be accompanied by a PM agent. 

If I were in your situation, I would nevertheless start by trying the solutions proposed by other users above for simple reasons of saving time. This is usually one of the first avenues of solutions considered before going further. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LoVeSoSa was it your phone or stolen or your SIM was stolen?

Anyway, now you got a new SIM card, did you follow the step to request change SIM?

I understand you have trouble putting in Voucher, but how did you try to do it ?  you try calling *611?  did you try logging into My Account and add voucher that way?     

Give us more info what you have tried and what is not working

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LoVeSoSa wrote:

My sim card was stolen so I bought a new one and now it isn't working. I've exhausted every single thing the website and help site has to offer and getting nowhere I cant even put a voucher on my phone plz help

@LoVeSoSa 

If you just inserted the new SIM into your phone thinking it would recognize your account and phone number, that is not the way it works.

You have to have the SIM number SWAPPED see Announcement here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

@LoVeSoSa wrote:

Did you link the new SIM card to your account?  If you haven't already done that, you'll need to proceed to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and after logging in, click on "Plans and Add Ons" near the top, and then on "Change SIM card".

Need Help? Let's chat.