cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card network puk when trying to move the sim card from old phone to another phone

Justn63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had to switch the sim card from my old unlock phone to another unlock phone. When it first was place in the phone, it asked for the pin number. I had tried using the numbers found on my purchase sim package a couple of times. Then it started to ask for network PUK and not the PIN. Now is my sim card lock? Because if I place it back into the old phone, it works fine.

5 REPLIES 5

Justn63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I will check to see if the phone is lock from the previous provider. It looks that it might be as when Rogers sim card was used on the phone, a Rogers app was installed. And when I did a factory reset, it was not removed.

If this is not the case, I will check with Samsung as it is a Samsung phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justn63 wrote:

I had to switch the sim card from my old unlock phone to another unlock phone. When it first was place in the phone, it asked for the pin number. I had tried using the numbers found on my purchase sim package a couple of times. Then it started to ask for network PUK and not the PIN. Now is my sim card lock? Because if I place it back into the old phone, it works fine.

I think Jb456 was right the first time before he cleared his post.

@Justn63 : with the SIM back in the "old phone" can you see if you had put on a SIM card lock? If so then that's the code you need. But if you can't remember it then don't try to change or remove it because it will ask for it.

But that's my hunch from what we have to go on.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Justn63 

Your phone is still locked by the original/previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.

If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat. To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Justn63 ,

Is this a Public Mobile SIM card you are talking about??

Phone seems locked to previous provider. Can you contact them to unlock it?

Need Help? Let's chat.