cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card invalid

DarrenFinch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim card keeps saying invalid. What the heck. 

23 REPLIES 23

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious Yeah thanks. Its better to pay manually. Autopay is if you forget to pay. ill pay it tommorow. Next time i go to Walmart I'm going to pick up another SIM to get one more family member on. I hope this time it goes well.

@BearFBI 

I've made a top up payment just minutes before the 11:59pm et deadline (to avoid autopay) without issue. You have the rest of day to make a manual payment if you dont want to rely on autopay.

@BearFBI wrote:

The SIM worked. It must've been just the activation system yesterday. The number got ported over successfully and everything seems to be working so far. The activation web page can be really buggy sometimes. It made me remember that activating is the most worrying and stressful part of being with PM but once your activated your all good to go. I haven't tried making a payment yet. I probably should. Same with my account i forgot. i hope it works when my cycle restarts tomorrow. 

@BearFBI glad to hear it worked for you today !!

@BearFBI  Thanks for letting us know! 👍

BearFBI

The SIM worked. It must've been just the activation system yesterday. The number got ported over successfully and everything seems to be working so far. The activation web page can be really buggy sometimes. It made me remember that activating is the most worrying and stressful part of being with PM but once your activated your all good to go. I haven't tried making a payment yet. I probably should. Same with my account i forgot. i hope it works when my cycle restarts tomorrow. 

BearFBI

@geopublic It never made it to the payment section. If the SIM card works then I guess I get free service. I have contacted a MOD and they said everything is fine on their end. I gave them the SIM number and it was unactivated. So I'm going to try again soon. It might have just been the activation system yesterday. It could have been messed

@BearFBI  If you still get the invalid SIM error you might want to test the sim in your device. Another customer with similar problems was able to connect to the network and make calls. The only issue was you could not access his selfserve account but that is an easy fix.

BearFBI

@darlicious Hahaha. Im probably going to try later on in the day because I think she's expecting a few calls. Friday afternoon she works half day so I have the whole afternoon and weekend to fix any problems. Hopefully it goes well. 

@BearFBI  Get yourself a cup of coffee and see if the lock out session has reset itself.

BearFBI

@darlicious Haven't tried yet. I just woke up. I sent the message yesterday when everyone was having the problem. 

@BearFBI  Are you still getting the inactive message?

BearFBI

@geopublic I wrote a message to the mods informing them that my SIM card is invalid and I've seemed to try everything. I also said that everyone else is having problems on the fourm and it seems to be a issue with the activation sysetm. Im just waiting for them to get back. 

@geopublic  ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up. 

@BearFBI  Not a bad idea to let them know.

BearFBI

@geopublic Should the moderators be informed? I hope they realize that there is a problem. 

@Naepalm  Not common, this is the first time since I've been here multiple people complaining of an invalid SIM error during their first activation attempt using a new PM sim card.

BearFBI

@Naepalm Recently started. I've tried everything and It still says invalid. Im sure PM had this problem in the past but its not common. I wonder if they know its a problem yet ? Should someone point it out to the moderator team ?

@geopublic is this a common problem or something just recently started? 

BearFBI

I hope PM fixes this soon. Its a problem with their activation system. It should be fixed by tommorow. I would like to activate a SIM card I bought for a family member.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DarrenFinch , this happens when a SIM card is used a second time after a failed attempt without waiting for the one hour session lock to expire.  It can also mean that the initial activation session went far enough for the SIM card to be registered in the system (e.g., payment taken during activation session).  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@DarrenFinch try using Internet Explorer and if using IE, use Google Chrome. try both in private/incognito mode

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@DarrenFinch wait 1 hour from last attempt,  clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your account. Here's an article on activating 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up 

Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DarrenFinch  there appears to be a problem with Public's activation system. Just keep trying every hour and it will eventually work.

Need Help? Let's chat.