cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card

sjcrease
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a Public Mobile SIM card today at Telus. I have tried countless times to activate it. When I entered my Visa credit card information, I got a message saying to check that the information entered was correct, or to use a different credit card. I  DEFINITELY put in the correct info. I then tried with my husband's Visa card. I got the same message again. Then I tried with our MC. Received the same message again! I do not understand why my cards are not being accepted for payment. I need to talk to someone, I think.

Sheridan

8 REPLIES 8

@sjcrease 

Certainly try the desktop option AFTER clearing cache and cookies and opening an incognito tab.

It tends to deliver the least issues when utilizing Activation and Self-serve features with Public Mobile.

You could also insert the activated SIM card in a device to check to see if the activation may have actually occurred before going any further.

It may have.

UncleNeary

You could also check with your credit card company to see if it’s something on their end. They’d be able to see if a transaction was attempted. Rule out credit card issues then work on SIM card issues. 

sjcrease

Thank y ou so much for your help! I will follow up as you suggested.

sjcrease

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them.

sjcrease

Thanks, I will try that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sjcrease - oh my, multiple cards and still receiving errors?

If you insert the public SIM card in a phone, do you receive any services on it? 

Can you log into your My Account?

If either card was charged I would submit a ticket with customer support (CSA). Not only that one or two cards may have actually been charged, but please watch out for future charges on either of these.

Please do not apply for any chargebacks, but rather go to CSA to have them correct it.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Don't try again, @sjcrease 

Check the card's transactions to ensure the card wasn't charged first.

If you're going to try again, do so from a DESKTOP or LAPTOP device after opening an incognito or private tab.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @sjcrease 

try to close all browser and clear cache/ cookies/ open inPrivate mode,from computer. try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.