cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card not working

jay836
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last week I ported my phone number from speakout to Public. Everything was working fine. Since I had an old samsung phone with limited memory, I decided to buy MotoG7 unlocked phone from Costco. I installed my sim card into my new phone bue I started to got the message of "no service". I reinstalled my sim card back into my old samsung phone and I got the same message of no service. I went back to Walmart and told this to the sales person and she told me that she can not provide any assistance. She did install my sim card into her unlocked phone and got same message. I have placed an order for replacement sim card. Hoping that would correct the problem. 

Is there something else I can do to fix this problem.

Thanks

JT

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jay836 wrote:

Last week I ported my phone number from speakout to Public. Everything was working fine. Since I had an old samsung phone with limited memory, I decided to buy MotoG7 unlocked phone from Costco. I installed my sim card into my new phone bue I started to got the message of "no service". I reinstalled my sim card back into my old samsung phone and I got the same message of no service. I went back to Walmart and told this to the sales person and she told me that she can not provide any assistance. She did install my sim card into her unlocked phone and got same message. I have placed an order for replacement sim card. Hoping that would correct the problem. 

Thanks

JT

@jay836 Submit a ticket to PM. Sim cards rarely go bad. The moderator will reset your account and hopefully it fixes your problem.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@jay836 wrote:

Thanks

JT

Seems that only Sim card replacement can help here.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jay836 put your g7 on airport mode, manually select PM as your network . Turn your phone off remove and reinsert the SIM and turn your phone back on.  Take it off of airplane mode. 

@jay836 wrote:

Thanks

JT

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jay836 wrote:

Thanks

JT

If you've tried the sim in couple of different phones...perhaps it was somehow damaged during the process. Hopefully the new sim corrects the problem.

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately since it is not working in any phone it does seem that it is a problem with the sim card.

Need Help? Let's chat.