cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign in loop - avoid Public Mobile

gogibear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Earlier today I made an account to purchase a plan and port my number.

Did not complete the process.

Came back and tried to log in.

Initial login wouldn't work - said I had the wrong login or password even though it was saved in the browser.

Kept trying and depending on what link you use to access the log in it works - but at that point whether you click resume activation or go to account it logs you out and asks you to log in again.

I was excited to switch but this experience has turned me off. If I am having these issues before even signing up how can I trust Public Mobile's service afterward. You should fix your site.

3 REPLIES 3

@gogibear  for the activation, you actuallly got to the end and PM charged you once?

If it is just eSIM issue and not working, try this:

did you get to the eSIM installation step  Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself.  If you missed the step, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  i

If it still does not connect, click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reeset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after)

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

gogibear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried different browsers at first so was skeptical this would work but it did. Maybe some of my extensions interfered. 

However, now my eSim didn’t activate and I have to wait for customer service to respond. Even filling out the customer service form was challenging because it takes you in and out of the app and browser windows so often asking for logins repeatedly and the chat bot kept prompting me rather than letting me submit a report. Public was the one that gave me a notification to contact support. In this instance it should green light me to that portion or even auto submit and let me know a CSR will reach out to me. It asks for mandatory information before you can continue like the eSim number which I don’t know because that’s the issue I am trying to contact you about. I googled it and hope the ICCID is the right number. I doubt it because it was one digit too long but that allowed me to submit my report. 

This is a very pretty site. But the UX leaves a lot to be desired. I hope there’s a lot more substance behind the actual service. 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gogibear 

I always clear my browser cache and open a new browser window in incognito when accessing self service. If you are having issues contact an agent. 

You will receive a response from an agent faster using the first option below, which is the preferred method.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.