cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I switch to the Koodo offer?

prezPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been contemplating for a while now and cannot decide, should I take advantage of the Koodo $40/$4GB offer and save myself the trouble since public mobiles post said not yet.... But left it open to this happening again. My feeling is that public mobile will slowly be shut down until we are forced to move to Koodo?

Any thoughts?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth Telus does have some other lines of business.  They do quite a bit of IT consulting and development outsourcing work, they do hosting for some businesses, and Telus International even operates contact centres and do IT consulting in Europe etc.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Mimisis FYI no, you definitely do not have to take a contarct at Koodo while migrating. If you do not want to purchase a phone on tab, then you are month-to-month and can cancel at any time.  If you want to purchase a phone on tab, then yes you would need to start a new contract; however if you ever decide to cancel it early, providers cannot charge consumers a cancellation fee anymore.  They can only charge you the outstanding balance on your hardware purchase tab, which is reasonable. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I already got two years of great service from PM.  If I get two more years of great service then awesome.  And two more again, awesome again.  But I don't expect it to last forever.  Not any more stable and not any less stable than signing on with Koodo.  And other options (including Koodo) will still be around if/when PM ever goes sour.

2 year terms aren't terribly bad - you do get better assurance of stability over the term, plus better access to subsidized devices when it's time to replace/upgrade.  And your usage needs may evolve over that time, whether they fit within the evolving service scale or not.

My main reasons for preferring PM are low cost for what I (currently) need, further accented by ongoing loyalty (and other) rewards.  And avoidance of postpaid service, I've been screwed before and am reluctant to ever accept commission-motivated promises are meant to genuinely serve my best interests.  And avoidance of all the hassles, I don't need to waste time playing games, I just want to pay for and use reliable service without worry or speculation or negotiation or endless hunting around in a world of ever-changing cellular marketing.

Mimisis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't move to koodo because I don't like long term contract. If move to koodo, we have to buy tab I think. Good news is it will not change monthly pay for two years. But after that? Can we keep same plan same money? Nobody knows.

I was virgin mobile customer before PM. No contract month to month pay. They increased my monthly pay 3 times in 2 years. Only short notice. I couldn't say no. (That why I moved to PM)

I'm not sure where PM want to go. Going to be only 3G? Or zone like other campany?

But PM didn't change the price this time. I'm happy to use this company and no issues over 1 year. 

I don't leave until PM chenge service or price. I don't need a big customer service, the community always gives me solutions.

We customers can make a decision. If wants deep and quick service or fancy phone, go big company. If could use a bit time (like set up, searching and buying a good deal phone ourselves etc...) stay here. 

I don't need fancy service, so PM please try to keep same price as long as u can. 

I hope Canadian data system will be cheaper soon like some other countries.

@Shutdownwrote:

PM unlikely to shutdown since they are telus tier 3 network that competes against freedom/chatr/lucky mobile. If anything they will go 3g only and restricted zones for data.

More than that, Telus is the smallest of the Big Three.  Smallest assets, revenue, income.  Telus is the only one of the group without any vertical business structure, no media holdings, no content channels, no entertainment, nothing.  Telus only does telecomm and datacomm, nothing else.  So Telus is highly motivated to keep PM around, even pour money into it if necessary, to maintain flagship-flanker-value tier symmetry with the competition, if nothing else.

Besides PM isn't a famously-recognized brand but it is a developed brand nonetheless.  It would cost Telus less to reinvent the brand than to install a new brand into consumer consciousness.

Thanks @torontokris. Same info is buried deep in the thread I found. Your's is better. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tom3204
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@prezPM if you're on the fence go with what's chepaer in the short-term future. Long term is too impossible to predict 🙂

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@torontokriswrote:

@Ludditewrote:

@prezPM The Koodo offer is now 5GB; promo code GOKOODO405GBBPO. Read this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Round-4-Has-Begun/m-p/222884#M25767

That thread above is about a fake $40 6gb offer 

My thread was about the 5gb offer.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/5GB-40-new-Koodo-offer-for-fall-promo-use...

@torontokris yup $40/6GB is fake

why not take offer $40/5GB  ? Is good offer plus free Sim

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ludditewrote:

@prezPM The Koodo offer is now 5GB; promo code GOKOODO405GBBPO. Read this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Round-4-Has-Begun/m-p/222884#M25767

That thread above is about a fake $40 6gb offer 

My thread was about the 5gb offer.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/5GB-40-new-Koodo-offer-for-fall-promo-use...

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ludditewrote:

@prezPM: This! If you decide to switch get the 5GB plan instead of the 4GB. 🙂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM unlikely to shutdown since they are telus tier 3 network that competes against freedom/chatr/lucky mobile. If anything they will go 3g only and restricted zones for data.

mimmo

no one knows what will happen, the official line is taht PM is here to stay.  but is the service transforming and into what no one has that information.  many people have left and many have stayed.  there are several threads on benifits and disavantages  of both services.  what do you need/ forsee yourself needing?  really only you can tell and decide.

Need Help? Let's chat.