cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I risk porting another number?

Hasnaien
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey people!

I am a new customer to PM. I transferred from Bell a couple of days ago and experienced the porting problem that most people are experiencing right now. I had to send a message to a Mod and will patiently wait for this to be resolved. 

I have another phone number with Bell with same acct number and I wanted to bring that to PM as well but with all of the porting and activation problems going on... Is it worth it to try woth another line? I dont want to have my port half way done and get stuck in limbo for X amount of days. Other phone is an iphone.

What do you guys think? Mods?

Thanks for your input,

Much appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just to clarify - "most people" aren't having porting problems.  Only the people having porting problems are posting on the forums, the rest of the folks who had no issues at all aren't bothering (unless they are trying to score community rewards :))  Chances are pretty good that as long as you put in your information correctly, your port will go through with no problems at all.

If your existing porting problem is such that you can still receive calls on your Bell SIM, porting out the remaining number on the account won't result in the account being closed, because as far as Bell is concerned, you still haven't ported out the original number.  If you can't receive calls on the Bell SIM, as far as Bell is concerned you're already gone, so it doesn't matter if you port out the last number on the account any way - there's nothing left for them to do on the Bell side.  No point in continuing to pay for your Bell account unnecessarily.

swz5005
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have ported (including my own) 6 times for my friends and all of them went through without any issue.

I would say it's definitely worth it. 

Hasnaien
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
First of all, thanks for all the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I was pretty sure I triple checked all the info before submitting so the general concensus seems to be to wait for a mod to help me out. The other number on the Bell account is the only active number left so as mentioned above...if that goes through.. It could cause problems for the number that is "in progress" right now since it would close the account. Yes the Iphone I have will be unlocked by tonight hopefully.

wilts
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported 4 lines from Rogers (same account) and had no issues.  I did have to have them unlocked, and it went very smooth.  I would pm a mod and ask for help.  Make sure the lines are unlocked as well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hasnaien personally I'd wait until the first number is ported out.  Did you first port the primary number on the account or a secondary?  I wouldn't risk a second port in case it's successful and ends up closing your account, thus losing the other number you are already waiting on.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

First, are your sure the iPhone is unlocked? Try your Public Mobile SIM in it to be sure.

Then read these and just go ahead when you have the time:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/quot-Risk-Free-quot-Activation-costs-1...

There also a few odd tricks that seem to have helped:

• clear your browser’s cache
  • turn off any popup/ad blocker when on the Phone Number page
  • if you have a long name(s) enter short ones
  • be sure your postal code is entered WITHOUT spaces
  • choose any valid Canadian number as “Alternate” that is not your own

Good luck. Don't forget to give your number as the referral when activating the next SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Be ready to send her this info if she asks, good luck
Bell account number
Number or numbers you want to port
Sim number or numbers
Full name on the account

Usually if you provide correct info, it goes through smoothly. May be you provided correct info but due to multiple lines on same account might have caused some error. As said above, you will likely to get stuck again as you will provide the same info to port in. So, wait for a mod to figure out what caused this port request to fail.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K could you take a look at his failed port. I'd like to give him confidence to port the second number he has.
Ok now I'm really going to bed lol 💤😴💤😴

Maybe she could also help you port the second number at the same time 🙂

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

if your port from bell failed, chances are that your info provided did not 100% match with what bell has on file so porting a 2nd one will cause the same issue...thus i would wait, or , once in contact with a moderator, have them do it for you as this will close your bell account automatically...

send one of the mods a private message...they are getting to resolve issues now way faster..

read here please:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.