cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I just order a new Sim Card?

oadest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking at My Account, it looks like my port went through and I have the promo plan listed under My Plan.

I've been without service from PM for 5 days now and my old Telus sim card has been disconnected, making me unable to send or receive any calls or texts.

I'm just wondering if I should order a new sim card from PM and use the "Change my sim card" option in my self-serve account page. 

Does anyone know if this works?  It would be worth the $5 charge.

6 REPLIES 6

oadest

@Mixam

Wont be able to try until around 11 tonight; after the mods have stopped working. 

I'd prefer if they can let me know 100% before then, so I know if I should order another sim card (and if that route would even work), than go another day of not having any service

Mixam

Could you try putting your sim in your husbands phone and see if it works properly there? I'm guessing that would straighten out whether it is a sim card issue or not if it works fine in his phone.

oadest

@Dantastic I really don't think the phone is the issue. 

Husband and I use the exact same phone (Nexus 5X) unlocked as they were bought from Google and both worked fine on the Telus network.

His is working 100%

Dantastic

i think it's your phone that's the issue. it may be locked to certain frequencies.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started
scroll down and follow the instructions.

oadest

I ordered my sim card straight from PM and completed my activation on Friday and, on the Transaction Summary page, I got the message that activation failed.

I was able to sign up for my self-serve account using the number I ported over and I see the promo plan listed. 

I've put the Public Mobile sim card in, followed the instructions for setting up the APN, and power cycled my phone several times.  I've got the messages that the "Your Sim card does not allow a connection to this network" and "Selected network (Public Mobile) unavailable"

I power cycle every so often to no avail.

Mixam

I think it would be helpful if you stated why you don't have reception. Like say if a friend had a sim card and gave you the number so you could sign up. But your friend lives in another city and mailed it to you but you haven't gotten it yet...

Or if your current sim card is just not working.

That information would definitely be helpful to answering your question.

Need Help? Let's chat.