cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

melodymay99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my number 2 days ago and now my service is just not working. I’ve had family call the number and some other girl picked up. Help I just wanna use my phone. I’ve got important calls to make. 

5 REPLIES 5

@Timer wrote:

@melodymay99 

tried rebooting device.

I undestand this suggestion for when nothing is working on the service, but rebooting the device can't possibly fix an issue of someone else answering when calling the phone number.

@melodymay99 wrote:

I changed my number 2 days ago and now my service is just not working. I’ve had family call the number and some other girl picked up. Help I just wanna use my phone. I’ve got important calls to make. 

This means that Public Mobile gave you a number by mistake that is already in service.  You'll need to go back into your Self Serve account and change your phone number again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@melodymay99   it is a glitch that happens a lot to Telus/PM.  They sometimes will give out number that already owned by someone else

Try to call the number again and check if it is really someone else's number.  If so, you have no choice but to change number again.  Go back to My Account and go through the Change number process once more time

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@melodymay99 

Edit: change to other new number and rebooting device.

@computergeek541 fix it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Change your number again. This happens from time to time where customers somehow pick up someone elses number. When you see one you like then call it and see if someone answers. Still no guarantee but it helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.