cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service disruption?

Gaynor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the weather causing service disruptions in eastern Canada? I am trying to make a local call but keep getting a message that I can’t call out bc I don’t have US roaming - I haven’t left the province though! 

11 REPLIES 11

@CS_Agent- Please refrain from asking customers for their personal details in the open forum. They might think they have to reply in the forum. And we see it from time to time. They absolutely should not. Therefor you shouldn't ask.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Thank you!

Gaynor

Actually this has been resolved, Leonardo - the problem isn’t my phone it is the recipient’s. I’ve let them know to update their account with appropriate funds - thanks.

@Gaynor wrote:

this is a good question - the recipient is also with Public Mobile - I will check that their account is UTD…

Hi @Gaynor 

since you know your friend phone number, you can confirm if it is suspended by calling 1-855-4PUBLIC and check for your friend.    of course, make sure you  friend aware you are helping him to check 

And remember, if you are reply CS_Agent, make sure you private message them the information, and not posting here 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there!

My name is Leonardo, and I will be delighted to assist you today.

In order to access and secure your account, please send me the phone number and 
the 4 digit PIN.
If you forgot it please send me e-mail address, last 4 digit of your credit/debit card 
account number and last payment date.

Kindly,
Leonardo CS Agent

Gaynor

this is a good question - the recipient is also with Public Mobile - I will check that their account is UTD…

I seem to think this weird recording can also happen when the other recipient account is suspended. Does the recipient have an active account? Which provider are they with?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Gaynor 

did you try a reboot?

and you tried calling with a 1? put a 1 in front of the 10 digits number you are calling

@Gaynor 

do you live close to the border?  If so, try changing the Network selection from Automatic to Manual and choose Public Mobile

Gaynor

Ok thanks - the plan is active and up to date, so I’ll try the reboot!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gaynor 

The "US roaming" error recording is likely a wrong recording to your situation.  However, with that recording, it usually indicates your account is currently suspended. 

Please login My Account once more using Incognito mode and confirm your account status

If status shows Suspended, make a payment to resume service

If it shows Active,  try to reboot your phone and click  Reset All Networks (Please note that will delete your saved Wifi as well, but you can easily add it back after)

If that still does not work, please message support for further investigation

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.