cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Text messages not being delivered to some numbers

superdeanio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having a strange problem with sending/recieving text messages.

I have an iPhone 7 on the latest iOS, and I am having problems with SMS (regular text messages) to a friend.

I can recieve most of her messages (a few have not shown up), and I can send them (and the phone lists them as sent), but she doesnt recieve any of my messages... not sure why this is happening or how to fix it, as custom MMS settings etc seem to be gone from the iphone settings menus with PM.

14 REPLIES 14

Lol told you @superdeanio

@but glad your issue is resolved 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

superdeanio

Yup, she had accidentally blocked me.

Amazing.

Ask your friend to check his block list maybe by Mistake he blocked your number maybe that's why he's not able to receive any messages from you 

also check your block list too 

since you mentioned everyone getting yours msg then setting seems ok otherwise you won't be send anything to anyone 

strongly suggust ask him to check his block list or try third party app like hangout to see if still having same issues looks like there's no issues from your end 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

superdeanio

Yes, Like I said, others are having zero problems recieving my messages.

At this point though, I don't know how many other people try to send messages to me and I don't get them or vice versa.

Try sending a message to someone else see if that's working for you or not

superdeanio

Just tried this, no change in result.

Friend still not recieving texts.

Go to setting then  General in the sroll down all the way You will see reset your phone only select network reset 

superdeanio

Where is this magical reset network option?

I m using iPhone 7 too apn usually set automatically there no option to put manually i believe I would try reset network if that doesn't help and try your sim in your friend or family phone also last option would be factory reset 

Also try to take your Sim card off turn off the phone and insert your Sim card turn it back on let's see if that helps 

superdeanio

Clarify?

iOS 10 and PM doesn't have custom MMS settings anymore, since it's part of the carrier package/bundle that gets downloaded.

Try resetting network setting see if that help 

superdeanio

I do have SMS enabled on my phone, my friend is on android so we are not using imessage to communicate, only standard (green) text messages.

I don't have another phone to try it on, but this is a recent development as we were able to text back and forth a few months ago without issue.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

Are you using iMessage 

goto settjng then message and check everything properly selected and check send as SMS is on as well if all setting set properly 

try log off from iCloud then log back in 

also try resetting network setting only see if that resolve the issue also if you have a spare phone your your sim in other phone just to check if it's a network issue or hardware 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@superdeanio Do you have send as SMS setting enabled on your iPhone? All the settings are under messaging.

Need Help? Let's chat.