cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self serve site vs legacy OSes

Fishwife
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today I got an urgent call from a family member needing a data add-on.  That should be simple, shouldn't it?  Add funds, then add data.

On my old iPhone, I couldn't even sign in because the Sign In button on PublicMobile.ca didn't work. (Other PM web pages have weird artifacts on that phone, as I could illustrate with screen shots if anyone wanted, but I think I used to be able to sign in!)

Public Mobile web pages don't work with some other legacy operating systems, apparently, because on the PC laptop I tried next, I could login and view the account overview, but all the links I tried from there led to an error page suggesting I log out and log in again or return to the login page. (All of which led to the same result. No way to view or purchase an add-on.)

In the end I had to go to a neighbour and use her computer to buy and add data. Self serve did not seem user friendly today.

Then the phone still didn't know it had data for many, many nail biting minutes afterwards. That eventually resolved. But what a morning it's been!

(Going back offline now.  I hope to be able to check in again later today.)

4 REPLIES 4

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Problem is with the web browsers as web developers always want to explore latest and greatest features. For example I cannot see plan details with old Firefox and if I really want to see them I have to power up either Edge or Chrome. And same happens with some other sites...

Try to access PM with latest version of any browser through PC (I do not use any other OS (Windows) so cannot advise regarding those).

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Fishwife 

You can always call 1855 4 PUBLIC from any phone to access their account to purchase an add on if they have a cc on file already. You will need their PIN.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fishwife 

Next time you should clear cache on your internet browser and go in incognito then login to your Self Serve account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Fishwife   That does sound frustrating for sure.  Did you try clearing your cache/cookies and incognito/privacy mode before logging into the account?  Even a different browser sometimes resolves some of these issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.