cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s7 to Iphone 7

revrae
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having to change out an older S7 for an Iphone 7. They both have nano Sims. Can I just change the Sim from one to the other and have it connect with Public mobile?

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@revrae - SIM card follows your PM account/plan/phone number...so all good there.

Not a bad idea to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings on the iphone 7 with the PM SIM card inside.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

If this is a used iphone 7, check to see if you need to deregister a number on the iphone it may be registered with: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@revrae 

All your phone information is stored in your SIM card so you can transfer everything over from the Samsung S7 over to the iPhone 7 simply by putting the SIM from one phone to the other as long as the iPhone 7 is unlocked or not Blacklisted.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes should not be an issue. 

Might need to do a carrier update once sim is in

@revrae wrote:

I'm having to change out an older S7 for an Iphone 7. They both have nano Sims. Can I just change the Sim from one to the other and have it connect with Public mobile?

Yes, you can simply put the SIM card into the other phone. There's no need to inform Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.