cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 unlocked not working

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi There! I just moved from Wind to PM and I am very happy of everything... my port went fast and smooth and I am enjoying the PM network on my Nexus 6P!

the question is for my brother. he has a samsung s6 that was network unlocked by Wind, and the network unlock was successful since he brought this same phone to Italy using it with an Italian provider.

but we tried to use my PM sim in his phone and the network unlock screen came up.

what should he do? he is very interested as well to the fall promo, so interested that he already ordered a sim from PM.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

well after doing a quick search online i figured out that a unlocked phone can be relocked after a system upgrade from the provider. i'm guessing that that's what happened. he upgraded from lollipop to marshmallow and wind locked his phone again. i guess that he has to get in touch with them and get them to unlock it again.

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it's asking for a network unlock code, it is not unlocked. It may have been, but for whatever reason it doesn't appear to be unlocked anymore. Try a SIM other than WIND or PM and see if the network unlock prompt reappears. If it does, then unfortunately you'll have to get another unlock code.

Need Help? Let's chat.