cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A52 Compatibility to Public Mobile

louisac12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A couple of years ago, I was told by Public Mobile that my Samsung Note8 can't be used with Public Mobile, for some reason which I forgot (perhaps you can also let me know).  May I ask if Samsung A52 be used at Public mobile?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

@louisac12 

Are you currently a Public Mobile customer using a different device --  if so,  you didn't think to try the Note 8 earlier?

louisac12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your suggestion to try the Public Mobile SIM in my Note8 is a good suggestion, and it worked.  Apparently the Public Mobile Sales in the past informed me wrongly.  I will assume the Samsung galaxy A52 should work as well.  Thanks.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Samsung flagships phones like Notes and S series works on PM without issue.  

It's true that some Korean only models or some regional specific models might not work in Canada. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@louisac12 wrote:

A couple of years ago, I was told by Public Mobile that my Samsung Note8 can't be used with Public Mobile, for some reason which I forgot (perhaps you can also let me know).  May I ask if Samsung A52 be used at Public mobile?  Thanks.

@louisac12 

Have you tried a Public Mobile SIM card inside the Samsung Note 8? It looks compatible looking at these results.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/samsung-galaxy-note-8

Is it one of these models below:

esjliv_1-1619379940809.png

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/samsung-galaxy-a52

esjliv_0-1619379791778.png

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@louisac12 

When unsure about a phone's compatibility, Google it's specs and confirm it has the following bands:

Minimum recommended phone specs:

• 3G UMTS/W-CDMA/HSPA: B2 (1900) and B5 (850)
  • 4G FDD-LTE: B4, B12

Currently VoLTE is not available and voice calls are only on 3G. SMS and data can work on 3G or LTE. Fastest data speeds are on LTE.

For LTE, these are all of the available bands on the network: 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 29, 30, 66. Some bands are available in some locations, others available elsewhere.

Any phone you are considering should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@louisac12 

Yes that Samsung device is compatible.

It has the correct specs for public mobile's network.

Need Help? Let's chat.