cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPIN-CYCLE NO END... ROUND IN CIRCLES.... WARNING TO PEOPLE PORTING FROM LANDLINE. NEVERNEVERLAND

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am posting this to warn potential new customers about public mobile.  

I have now had the service for almost three months.  For myself it is FLAWLESS.  For my wife's account the port is still not complete.

She is currently in the spin cycle of neverneverland.  She gets bounced around like a dirty pile of pants.   

This problem has now EXISTED FOR ALMOST THREE MONTHS.  We are on promise #3 to get it fixed.  I think this problem has gone on long enough, but I don't think the company has the power to fix it or care so I am lertting people know about the issues of porting from the land line.

So now under these lines, for public mobile, is the most important part to read, so I am going to use your editor and increase the size and font so you can read what I have provided for you 10+ times. Maybe it will get fixed, maybe not... but I'm hoping somone can read this and fix it once and for all thats all we ask.

----------------- START OF OFFICIAL PROBLEM AND WHAT YOU MIGHT EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR LAND-LINE PORT TO PUBLIC MOBILE ------------------

WHAT WORKS:

-PHONE CALLS WORK 100% TO ANYONE THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CALL

-TEXTS TO PEOPLE ON ROGERS, PUBLIC MOBILE

WHAT DOES NOT WORK:

-TEXTS TO PEOPLE ON BELL, VIRGIN NETWORKS

WHAT WE HAVE DONE:

-PUT SIM IN DIFFERENT PHONE SAME PROBLEM

-REBOOTED PHONE BILLION TIMES

WHAT YOU HAVE DONE:

-LEFT US IN THE DARK SINCE DAY 1.

-------------------- END OF NECESSARY DETAILS ------------------------

So if you are having these problems, I'm letting you know, you probably won't get anywhere with getting it fixed other than the spin cycle.

IF PM wants to fix this it's up to them, i'm done with my time, so this is more informative than a plea to get it fixed, I'm giving others a HEADS UP as to what they will be dealing with... NETWORK ISSUES ARE OUT OF PM'S CONTROL IT SEEMS.

Good Luck,

10 REPLIES 10

magical

magical

magical

I have already provided that information multiple times, and so has she.

here is a ticket (IN0000012745469) that has gone nowhere. maybe you can look into this. it will have all the details... I provided phone numbers in there to someone that was supposed to get back to me in a few business days now 2 months...

thanks.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for the information. I'm truly sorry for all this, this is a very unusual problem. 

Could you please send me a few (2-3) examples of Bell and Virgin numbers your wife has tried to communicate with via SMS? Could you send me this info in the following format:

Phone number / carrier / date and time the message was (attempted) to sent/receive / attempted to send or receive message? 

I'll be awaiting for your response!

Saray

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

magical

If you see what I report:

The port is probably More than likely COMPLETE.

THE NUMBER PRIOR TO BEING PORTED WAS A LAND-LINE NOT A CELL.

She can SEND texts all day long to people on the ROGERS/ TELUS / BLAH (PM) networks

she cannot SEND/RECIEVE Texts to BELL/VIRGIN NETWORKS

she can CALL that same person on the BELL/VIRGIN NETWORK

IF we turn on notifications it never tells you TEXT RECIEVED for anyone on the BELL/VIRGIN NETWORKS.

The CONSISTANCY is in the CARRIER that the person she is trying to TEXT.

I have a PM Phone number that I ported from ROGERS to PM, my TEXTING works PERFECT to those same PEOPLE.   I remove HER SIM put it in my PHONE and I can't TEXT THEM.

WE HAVE ELIMINATED THE PHONE.

Very frustrating that this has to go on 90+ DAYS.

Mike

magical

It has been 3 months, never a response, if you look at my private UNREAD and UNRESPONDED messages to a MOD the information is there. It is my wifes account. 

I have talked to people on facebook from PM, nowhere, I have talked here NOWHERE. the information is in my account if you want to look at it .. in my PMs.

Yes I have spammed the boards, I got sickntired of nothing.

I have provided this information Over and Over as to the problem, I have worked with your tech people TWICE to have NOTHING happen, i'm really flabergasted that there is nothing. 

I will once again message you her phone number so something can be attempted to get done ... frustration level is very high ... find it hard to reccomend this company to anyone .. .

broken promises suck.

Saray_O

Hi @magical

I'm terribly sorry about this inconvenient. This text message issue is pretty unusual. I'm also not sure who you talked to at first, but since you have spammed the Community in the last weeks, it is really difficult for us to find your original post and original private message with your wife's account information. If you send me this information via private message, I will gladly look into this for you. 

Cheers, 

Saray

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

OP, what's the status of the number with the sending carrier?  Usually the sending account is closed when the port completes.  Although it may be a long time since the port was requested, if something was done to disturb the account from the sending carrier, that can mess things up.  I have been through porting angst twice, both with Bell as the sending carrier.  One time, the number was "lost" for over two weeks with no carrier acknowledging possession of the number. In the end, the port did complete.  So, all is not lost, keep at it.  Stay calm in the process.  

Watoko

@magical wrote:

WHAT YOU HAVE DONE:

-LEFT US IN THE DARK SINCE DAY 1.

-------------------- END OF NECESSARY DETAILS ------------------------

You seem to have actually left out all the necessary details such as perhaps mention your correspondances with PM and what was said in such messages.

You did, however, unnecessarily use CAPS LOCK.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

So this yelling is not exactly your heads up, correct 😛

Have you contacted one of the mod through private message? 

@Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.