cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Won't download.

TerryOh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently got a few messages from a text group through RCS messaging, and I'm unable to download or read any messages sent in the group. I'm also not able to download photos sent through SMS from other contacts. text messages are fine, but photos, or texts with a photo are unable to open. I've checked that my phone has RSC turned on, and google messaging has all the right settings turned on, but I think it's something to do with my Public Plan. And yes, I have a subscription that covers unlimited MMS and SMS. Anyone know how I can fix this? 

11 REPLIES 11

TerryOh

I found a solution on YouTube in the comments section of a video that didn't have the correct answer. 

What I did was go to network connection.

Find "automatically select network"

Toggle it, and select any other network then Public Mobile and connect to it.

Then reconnect to PM.

And that did it. All the SMS and MMS message downloaded.

TerryOh

Nothing Phone 2

@TerryOh 

what brand and model is your phone??

TerryOh

That was the first thing I did. It's not an obvious fix. And it's only started doing this since switching to PM.

@TerryOh 

Maybe worth a try to see if your phone is update on the iOS and reboot your phone…doesn’t hurt to try.

TerryOh

That's not likely as my phone isn't even a year old.

Changing the APN settings did nothing. Resetting the mobile network did nothing. Agent might be my last resort, unless I'm missing something else.

@TerryOh 

There was an announcement by PM regarding SMS/MMS issues with older devices:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Picture-and-Group-Messaging-End-Date-Fe... 

I don’t know if this could be the problem.

Other members have indicated to change the APN settings on your phone but best for an agent look into it for you.

TerryOh

I'm likely going to have to do that, cause this is extremely frustrating. And I see plenty of others have had the same issue. 

@TerryOh 

The only thing I can think of is the Roaming enable on the Cellular Data Options and is SMS/MMS enabled?

Maybe Submit a Ticket on the Chat icon and have an agent look into it for you. Their hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST.

TerryOh

There definitely isn't more than 10. But I also can't receive pictures in a completely different threat with someone not in that group. So I believe it's something to do with SMS. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TerryOh 

Just curious how many people are on your group text?

PM have a maximum of 20 members in the group text.

Some carriers only have a maximum of 10 members in the group for the SMS to go through.

Need Help? Let's chat.