cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'SIM not provisioned for voice' error -- My experience porting # from Koodo

Geum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just wanted to share my experience in activating my account and receiving the 'sim not provisioned for voice' error for anyone else who receives it. I searched the forum and found a number of posts regarding this issue, but none of them clearly suggested that the issue might resolve itself as it did. 

• I activated my account with my new SIM;
  • Ported my number from my old Koodo account;
  • Waited until the number transferred--once it did, I received the 'sim not provisioned for voice' notification;
  • I restarted, and reinserted my SIM--didn't help;
  • After a few hours I attempted to 'Suspend' then 'Resume' my service, as recommended by other some posts--didn't help;
  • I added a few dollars on to my account, also recommened to possibly 'kick-start' the activation--didn't help;
  • After several hours trying these methods, I purchased another SIM card and transferred it over through my account--still the same;
  • Finally I reached out to the moderators and heard from a technician who told me that sometimes when a number is ported there is data in the back-end of the system that needs to be manually reset.

So, in the end I was connected within 24 hours -- I just needed to notify the moderators by private message and then have some patience.

Anyway, hope this might help someone who ends up in the same situation!

1 REPLY 1

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Geum wrote:

I just wanted to share my experience in activating my account and receiving the 'sim not provisioned for voice' error for anyone else who receives it. I searched the forum and found a number of posts regarding this issue, but none of them clearly suggested that the issue might resolve itself as it did. 

• I activated my account with my new SIM;
  • Ported my number from my old Koodo account;
  • Waited until the number transferred--once it did, I received the 'sim not provisioned for voice' notification;
  • I restarted, and reinserted my SIM--didn't help;
  • After a few hours I attempted to 'Suspend' then 'Resume' my service, as recommended by other some posts--didn't help;
  • I added a few dollars on to my account, also recommened to possibly 'kick-start' the activation--didn't help;
  • After several hours trying these methods, I purchased another SIM card and transferred it over through my account--still the same;
  • Finally I reached out to the moderators and heard from a technician who told me that sometimes when a number is ported there is data in the back-end of the system that needs to be manually reset.

So, in the end I was connected within 24 hours -- I just needed to notify the moderators by private message and then have some patience.

Anyway, hope this might help someone who ends up in the same situation!

Glad you got it all worked out by yourself.  Welcome to PM:)

Need Help? Let's chat.