cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM issues

Melissa204
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched over from Cityfone and it appears everything went fine but the SIM appears to not be working. I restarted my phone and it says "Not registered to a network" and "Emergency calls only"

Removed the SIM and confirmed it is in correctly and restarted, same issue.

Tried it in my husband's phone, same issue (he just switched over as well and he is up and running no issues).

Confirmed the SIM number is correct/matches what I have in my profile.

Tried to change the SIM# (we have another spare SIM but the portal won't accept the change? No error just doesn't update).

Not sure what else we can do?

6 REPLIES 6

Melissa204

Thanks all, looks like it was just a timing thing. It eventually started to work, we stopped trying while he had lunch and when we came back I noticed a SMS message came through. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This has been great troubleshooting on your part. You've narrowed it down. Did you do these activations and transfers back to back? Did your husbands go first? I wonder if the second one got confused in the browser. This site is quite unstable.

At this point I think all you can do is contact support as supplied above to have them fix the activation of the sim. Hopefully you didn't burn the other sim. You can start in on an activation and use that sim number and see if you get a green checkmark and then stop there.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Melissa204   the message usually means the sim card is not provisioned properly

But first, try to reseat the sim card once more.  Power off, take sim card out, wipe it clean and the put it back firmly and power up

Also, you can try to put the sim card in another phone to test

If nothing works, then yes, it is sim card provisioning issue, please open ticket with PM support, this is an easy fix for them, but you just need to put in the ticket

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Melissa204

I don't think it's this as my husband's Samsung works with his new PM sim, but when he puts my sim in he gets the same message I get. And we verified his sim works in my phone. 

@Melissa204 hi samsung phones have a habit of getting locked to there previous provider, contact samsung onlin support or call their support line for assistance 

Melissa204

Forgot to add I have a Samsung S20 FE not blacklisted but it also happens on my husband's Samsung S10e.

Need Help? Let's chat.