cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Wayne07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My SIM card won’t work in my new phone but a Telus card and a bell card will. Can I get a new public SIM card?

8 REPLIES 8

@mystery905 wrote:

Is it a, new purchased pm SIM card, or de-activated from before, or purchased a long time ago.  They expire.

You need a newly purchased PM SIM Card. 

SIM cards that haven't been used before don't expire simply because they were purchased a long time ago.

mystery905
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it a, new purchased pm SIM card, or de-activated from before, or purchased a long time ago.  They expire.

You need a newly purchased PM SIM Card. 

@Wayne07 

Sure you can. Just swap the sim card from inside your account.

@Wayne07 wrote:

Would I be able to keep my existing acount

@Wayne07   yes, you can keep your number

Remember NOT to Activate the new card

Just login to My Account and click Change SIM card to register the new sim card with your current account/phone number

Wayne07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would I be able to keep my existing acount

@Wayne07 wrote:

My SIM card won’t work in my new phone but a Telus card and a bell card will. Can I get a new public SIM card?

The SIM card isn't likely to be the issue, but there could more likely be an issue with the Public Mobile account.  Are you a new customer?  Was the service working earlier?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Wayne07   did you try the sim card in another phone to confirm if it is really the problem on your sim card?

You can certainly buy a new card from Telus or Koodo store, then login to My Account and request Change SIM card to register the new sim card

However, you can also try to open ticket with PM Support and try some troubleshooting steps with them together.  If they also conclude it is a problem with the sim card, ask them if they will reimburse the cost of the sim card

To open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Wayne07 

Sure you can but you'll have to buy it ☺️

Need Help? Let's chat.