cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card will not activate

CatherineBD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to set up a new phone and new number for my son. I have completed all the activation steps, received a confirmation email, but the phone still has no service. I don’t know what else to do.

8 REPLIES 8

@CatherineBD wrote:

That seems to be all we needed to do. Turned it off, then back on, now it works. Thank you!

Hi @CatherineBD sometimes we here in forums over-complicate the issue lol.  Nice to hear that the simple solution was just to turn off the phone and then back on as suggested by @sunflowershine .  Stay safe!  Cheers!  😊

CatherineBD

That seems to be all we needed to do. Turned it off, then back on, now it works. Thank you!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CatherineBD , was your credit card charged?  Are you able to access the self serve account?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CatherineBD Maybe you can turn off your phone and turn on again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CatherineBD wrote:

I am trying to set up a new phone and new number for my son. I have completed all the activation steps, received a confirmation email, but the phone still has no service. I don’t know what else to do.

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Try rebooting his phone.  Also log into his self serve account and mark the phone lost then wait 5 minutes and mark it found.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

CatherineBD

It is a new number, chosen on the Public Mobile activation page. There wasn’t anything to port. This is my son’s first phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port (transfer) the phone# over to PM ?

Need Help? Let's chat.