cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not supported

nerissashort
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my SIM card but this message comes up when I check my phone.
I unlocked my phone today
HELP

Your IMEI - ************118  

Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen.
The Network Compatibility check cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later.

10 REPLIES 10

pelkeym
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You may need to wait up to 24 hours after performing an unlock request.  The reason for this is because after your carrier makes the change, it propagates to the other carriers. The the 24 hours. Hope this helps. 

You didn't specify what kind of phone you have, as different manufacturers have different messages and purposes.

If it is an iPhone what it means is it cannot connect to Apple's central database to see if the phone is locked or not. It needs an active data network connection in order to perform that function.

If it is an iPhone, try connect the iPhone to a wifi hotspot (or a Mac with iTunes).. then try again.

@nerissashort 

Do you have another phone to put the PM SIM card?  To determine whether hardware issue or Public mobile service issue.  

Maybe try a Network reset on phone?  Possible even factory reset (make sure backup)

nerissashort

do you know what this means???

Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen.
The Network Compatibility check cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later.

This is when I clicked check phone..
I have alredy picked my plan and paid for my month

nerissashort

I called and unlocked it today

nerissashort

i plugged it in and the same message comes up

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

What type of phone is it? If it is an iPhone try plugging it into a computer that is on the internet with iTunes.. when it is unlocked there will be a dialog saying your iPhone has now been unlocked.

@nerissashort wrote:

I restarted my phone a couple of times

@nerissashort  Is it possible your phone is locked?

nerissashort

I restarted my phone a couple of times

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had that warning message appear too but my sim card was recognized after I rebooted my phone. Try that first.

Need Help? Let's chat.