cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card cannot register to network

karlschreyer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Hi,

I am in Europe right now. My mobile plan offers unlimited "international texting". My SIM card does not connect to a network here in Europe.

I cannot make phone calls, text and cannot receive any phone calls or text messages.

What good does unlimited "international texting" do for me if Public is not internationally recognized. Can I do something about it?

6 REPLIES 6

karlschreyer

👎

karlschreyer

thanks, that is helpful for my future set up.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There’s nothing you can do now but I’d recommend you check into these things before leaving the country next time. 

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@karlschreyer  The unlimited "international texting" that you're referring to assumes that you're using your phone within Canada.

Public Mobile (PM) does NOT have any roaming agreements with the providers in Europe, so that's why your PM SIM card can't connect to any European networks. 

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is purchase a pre-paid SIM card from one of the wireless network providers in Europe, and choose a plan that offers the calling, texts, and data that you require. I understand this is an additional expense that you didn't expect to incur, but you won't have a functional phone unless you get a SIM card that can connect to the local networks. These SIM cards might be available at local convenience stores and airport terminals.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@karlschreyer 

Please note that the international calling will work if you make your calls from Canada to selected countries in Europe (France, Germany and UK).

You can only make calls and texts if your purchase a local European SIM where you are staying.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@karlschreyer 

PM not have roaming in Europe,
your plan working in canada to send to international texting.

TextNow App Download  to used to call to canada free.

Need Help? Let's chat.