cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card activation

Ram1500Sport
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there I have tried to activate my SIM card and I fill out all the info and check of agreement box and hit continue and it does nothing I scroll up to top of page and hit activate and it just makes my info that I just filled out disappear and doesn’t say if it has been completed or send me to next step or anything, just starts all over. What is going on?

25 REPLIES 25

@mapamapa32 wrote:

can you add  a picture of the screen just before  you go to submit so I can see what you  may be missing

I strongly suggest against this.  Nobody here needs to know the the member's information.

mapamapa32

can you add  a picture of the screen just before  you go to submit so I can see what you  may be missing

mapamapa32

Try restarting your device your using to sign up.  If it continues try using a different browser. Let me know if I can help further.:)

@Ram1500Sport wrote:

I have an existing account with Telus and my phone is paid off. It won’t go past continue on the  info form for activating a SIM card so can’t access last four digits during activation. Thanks though 

Use live chat for activation.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Ram1500Sport

I have an existing account with Telus and my phone is paid off. It won’t go past continue on the  info form for activating a SIM card so can’t access last four digits during activation. Thanks though 

Ram1500Sport

Only have a phone, thanks though 

dljack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had similar issues and finally got the complete application up and processed when I completed in from my laptop. 

@Ram1500Sport wrote:

Google chrome didn’t work either. Thanks the help but I’m just going to forget about it, not the first time I have wasted my money.

Go to live chat for help activating.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Ram1500Sport

Google chrome didn’t work either. Thanks the help but I’m just going to forget about it, not the first time I have wasted my money.

Ram1500Sport

Thanks 👍

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Ram1500Sport can you install Google Chrome from the app store?

Screenshot_20201005_202134.jpg

Ram1500Sport

I only have a iPhone and it doesn’t have those browsers, I know nothing about this stuff. I really didn’t think that I would have to know all this just to hook up a phone, it’s really something else.

@Ram1500Sport what internet browser are you trying on? Chrome , Firefox, edge? On a desktop/laptop or mobile phone?

Ram1500Sport

I did try that to but made no difference. Thanks though 

@Ram1500Sport 

This is what I mean to leave blank

Screenshot_20201005_201023.jpg

One of the other steps during the process will ask for the phone number you want to port over.

Ram1500Sport

But I have an existing account with Telus and they lady there said it would change my number and cancel my plan when I set up this account automatically, but if I don’t put in number than how does it know to cancel my existing account with them?

Ram1500Sport

Ok thanks, I will try no nothing about any of this stuff. Pretty sad that you have to be some kind internet wizard to hook up a phone. Thanks for your help.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Ram1500Sport also leave alternate number blank. Can add one later when account is created.

@Ram1500Sport 

Clear cookie and history cache. Open a chrome browser in incognito mode.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Chrome incognito works well!

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Ram1500Sport

756B2C91-E4A6-47EA-A6BA-846225FE3F5E.jpeg

 this is as far as it will go, I hit the continue button after I fill out info and it does nothing but delete everything I just typed in.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ram1500Sport ,

Are you able to try the activation from a different device? 

If not, wait an hour after your last attempt.

Good Luck!

Ram1500Sport

I tried all of that didn’t work. Thanks though

Ram1500Sport

It never asked for any credit card info I guess it won’t even go that far, I tried all that other stuff did nothing. Thanks though 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ram1500Sport ,

Are you able to check if your credit card was charged, if so try your SIM card and see if you have services?

If you were not charged, clear your cache, and open a tab in incognito mode (maybe wait one hour, you could have timed yourself out) and try again.

Welcome!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your credit card to make sure that you were not charged.  Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot and try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.