cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card activation

HPDM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long does it take for a phone to start working after the SIM card activation? I have a new number and a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

jefff

I waited about 15 minutes. nothing. so I rebooted it the phone and it worked. iphone7

HPDM

Restarting the phone helped. I went from "no network" to "Public Mobile." I was able to make and receive calls, but my phone didn't have any sound when receiving calls. As of now, calling works fine. But voicemail doesn't. So there does seem to be some delay before everything starts working properly.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HPDM wrote:

How long does it take for a phone to start working after the SIM card activation? I have a new number and a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Thanks!

TRy the sim card in another phone. If it works then your phone is the issue. If it still doesn't work then you account has not been provisioned preperly and you must submit a ticket to PM so that they can reset your account. To submit a ticket do the following:

stpm-new.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@HPDM wrote:

Thanks!

What model of Galaxy s3 do you have as some are not compatible with PM.  goto willmyphonework.net 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@HPDM With a new number it usually only takes a few minutes. Try restarting your phone if it's not working.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@HPDM wrote:

Thanks!

Right away

Need Help? Let's chat.